There are 5.4 million people who have Alzheimer's. It cost 183 billion dollars in annual costs. Alz's is the 6th leading cause of death.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. Concentrate on this sentence... 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
WE LOVE HIM BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED US
1 John 4: 9-10

Mom and Dad Happy Times.

Friday, September 4, 2009

T.G.I.F.

Thank god it is Fri. I am very tired It has been a busy week. It was moms birthday and we have been trying to get moms medicine regulated. She either is unhappy, anxious and mean . I can't tell you how many times I have heard the B word over the last year. Or she is sleeping all the time. I can't get her to eat when she is unhappy and mean and I can't get her to eat when she won't wake up. So the Hospice nurse is doing a great job trying to figure out how much or how little medicine to give her. This weekend I am just going to chill . I will make sure she gets enough to eat and drink and keep her moving so she don't get pressure sores. I make sure she does not stay in the same stop to long .She is in her bed , wheelchair and easy chair off and on all day. So far not one bed sore or diaper rash. You need to have a routine. It is to hard to check to see if she is wet every 5 min. I used to do that. So start a routine. She hardly is ever wet when I take her to bed . But when she relaxes she goes. Number 2 accidents happen every once in awhile but if we are lucky she goes in the morning before getting out of bed. Number 2 is always fun.NOT! It depends if she takes a short or long nap in the afternoon if I have to take her back to bed to be changed before supper but just turn her in bed every 2 hrs. And don't let her set in the easy chair all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and I love reading your comments. Please come back soon. Karen

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

Seven Stages of Alzheimer's

1. No sign of congnitive impairment. 2. Very mild congnitive decline. 3. Mild congnitive decline. 4. Moderate congnitive decline. 5. Moderately severe congnitive decline. 6. Severe congnitive decline. 7. Very severe congnitive decline. (Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)

Popular Posts

Blog Archive