Well spring as sprung. It is in the high 70's . I have the windows open and a nice breeze is blowing through the house. It is very nice.
Mom's nurse remeasured mom's arm today. And she has lost 3/4's of and inch. This is good news and bad news. It means hospice will keep coming to care for mom. But it also means mom is losing weight which some Alz's patients do no matter how much you can get them to eat. And that is not good. But it has been a while since the nurse measured mom's arm. And that means she is not losing weight very fast.I can try to feed her more and she will be in a bad mood or I can leave things alone and she will be happy but losing weight. If it is the Alz's causing her to lose weight it won't matter how much I get her to eat. I have a headache. Well at least the weather is nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.
Seven Stages of Alzheimer's
1. No sign of congnitive impairment.
2. Very mild congnitive decline.
3. Mild congnitive decline.
4. Moderate congnitive decline.
5. Moderately severe congnitive decline.
6. Severe congnitive decline.
7. Very severe congnitive decline.
(Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)
Popular Posts
-
My friend G. A. died a few days ago. She slipped on some ice hit her head and never recovered. I have not seen her in years. She moved to Da...
-
Mom has not changed a lot in the last few months till this last week. Her new thing now is not opening her eyes. She will go most of the day...
-
Alzheimer's Association Another new fact: In 2012, 15.4 million family & friends provided 17.5 billion hours of unpaid care. ...
-
Well spring as sprung. It is in the high 70's . I have the windows open and a nice breeze is blowing through the house. It is very nice....
-
No dollar for us but at least another day. Mom is sleeping. I could of slept late this morning but my cat wanted out and bugged me till I go...
-
Over the weekend I pulled up my mom's old green shag carpet. I knew there were hardwood floors underneath but did not know the shape t...
-
Mom is 83 today. My sister fed her lemon cake which is her favorite last night after supper. She ate most of it. Last year I don't think...
-
I just finished the wonderful book my blogger friend Carol sent me . It is great! You have to get one. Getting Off The Niceness Treadmill is...
-
http://act.alz.org/site/TR/Walk2014/AR-Arkansas?pg=team&fr_id=4921&team_id=207982 Guess what time of year it is! Alzheimer's W...
-
Hi All My Blogger Friends. It has been awhile since my last post. Just got back from this years Alzheimer's Walk. Another great one. ...
Blogs and sites I like to visit.
- Alz's Team
- Alzheimer's Association
- Alzheimer's info
- alzheimersinthehouse.blogspot.com
- astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
- carer,worker,mother ,wife
- Dealing With Alz's
- Dementia and Alzheimer's weekly
- diaryofacarer.blogspot.com
- Donna's Den
- God,mom,Alzheimers and me
- Had A Dad
- http://50somethinginfo.blogspot.com/
- http://agingcare.com
- http://alzheimersadvocacy.com/
- http://amountaintoohigh.com
- http://backdoorlogic.blogspot.com
- http://caring.com/
- http://citygirltalks.blogspot.com/
- http://conniesclassicclips.blogspot.com
- http://freebies4mom.blogspot.com
- http://kimshappyhome.blogspot.com
- http://lifeisgood-smile.blogspot.com/
- http://livebold-helen.blogspot.com
- http://mandatorybloghere9.blogspot.com/
- http://movingforwardwithalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://ourjourneythroughalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://plantcityladyandfriends.blogspot.com/
- http://sherizeee.blogspot.com/
- http://shop4freebies.com
- http://stapjeterug.blogspot.com/
- http://suzysbloomers.blogspot.com/
- http://themomandmejournalsdotnet.net/2009/11/over-last-two-weeks.html
- http://www.alz.org/news_and_events_16202.asp
- http://www.angelfoodministries.com
- Living with Alzheimer's
- My Life As A Daughter
- That Old House
- the trip over
- www.ecarediary.com

Thinking of you Karen and as always lifting up your mother...and you!
ReplyDeletexoRebecca
Glad you can enjoy the sunshine and fresh air. We have to treasure the small joys we get whenever we can get them. God bless. Latane
ReplyDeleteHope your headache is gone by now. Enjoy the sunshine. Hope your Easter is blessed.
ReplyDeleteKaren~ just do the best you can and put the rest in God's hands. What a wonderful, caring daughter you are.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it nice to have the windows open again. It seems like with Alzheimer's it is always a matter of weighing one thing against another to determine what is in the best interest of the patient.
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter to you and your family.
All you can do is take each day as it comes. Alzheimer's takes a toll on more than the person who has it!
ReplyDeleteBeckie in Brentwood, TN
Your mom is so fortunate to have you caring for her. You will make the best decision. Be well & enjoy the sunshine.
ReplyDeleteKaren, I hope your head is feeling better. You're so very wise and caring. Whatever decisions you make with your mom, will be in her best interest. Take care of yourself and have a blessed Easter.
ReplyDeleteHope your headache didn't last too long.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy that spring is here too. Sometimes I miss my yard, but I am so thankful for my nice big deck. I love being out there. :-)
I am sorry that your head hurt and hope you are all better by now! Will pray for you to have wisdom re your Mom's eating issues. You might try posting at the caregiver's forum at the message boards at http:www.alz.org and asking what others who have faced issues with their loved ones' eating problems have done. Hope you can enjoy this beautiful weather and that your Easter is blessed.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking about you today and wondering how things were going over that way. I hope all is well. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks all. It is going to be a wonderful Easter Weekend. Happy Easter!!!!
ReplyDelete