There are 5.4 million people who have Alzheimer's. It cost 183 billion dollars in annual costs. Alz's is the 6th leading cause of death.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. Concentrate on this sentence... 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
WE LOVE HIM BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED US
1 John 4: 9-10

Mom and Dad Happy Times.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Nap time for mom

I just put mom down for a nap. I hope she takes a nap. I really had to change her so if she takes a nap that will be a bonus. I have been lucky she does not yell and scream while in bed like she used to . I think it is the medicine. Some days she sleeps a lot and others she does not. She had sun downers for awhile which is when the person with Alzheimer's gets really nervous or mean at bedtime. But the medicine the Doc. has her on or she is just past that stage of the disease makes her not so bad at night. Anyway I take her in everyday around 1 or 2 to change her. And sometimes again before supper. Depends on if she is napping or not. If she is napping I will let her stay in bed till supper than she is good till bed time. I like those days. I still have to turn her in two hrs. but she will go back to sleep on a good day. I am eating a sandwich. We are getting low on groceries so I need to go to store today or tomorrow. Tomorrow is moms birthday she will be 82. I can't buy much till the first of the month but I am going to get stuff to make lemon cake that is her favorite and something to make for dinner. My sister and son will be here. So I want to have a nice supper and cake. My sister works full-time on the night shift at the Hospital as a housekeeper. She gets one night off a week and comes over here to watch mom so I can sleep all night. That is nice. No getting up every two hrs. to turn and change mom.
I was good at lunch instead of just yogurt ,cereal and nutrition drink I made mom an egg. Only cause we are out of milk , and nutrition drinks. She needed the protein anyway. I gave her ice tea to drink with her meds. in it. She drank it all . That was nice. Oh and yogurt. She loves her yogurt.It is hard to get her to eat the egg but the yogurt is pretty easy. I will try to get some veggies down her at supper. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and I love reading your comments. Please come back soon. Karen

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

Seven Stages of Alzheimer's

1. No sign of congnitive impairment. 2. Very mild congnitive decline. 3. Mild congnitive decline. 4. Moderate congnitive decline. 5. Moderately severe congnitive decline. 6. Severe congnitive decline. 7. Very severe congnitive decline. (Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)

Popular Posts

Blog Archive