Saturday, May 4, 2013
We are having crazy weather in Arkansas as always. First of the week my son and I were at the Arkansas Razorback Baseball Game and many people were in shorts trying to get a tan in the nice weather. Than Friday morning we wake up to snow. Very pretty but I am ready for some warm weather to stick around for awhile.
My son is getting Married May 25th. And he is on week 3 at his new job as a civil Engineer after grad. from The UofA in Dec. I am so proud.
I am going to post 10 more of the 101 ways to spend time with a person with Alzheimer's from the list I got at the 2012 Alzheimer's Walk. By the time I get done with these it will be time for the 2013
walk again. Here they are. Hope these help a bit.
32. Make a Pie. I say make cookies , cake and anything fatten or Choc. That aways makes me happy.
33. Play with tops and jacks
34. Make a Scrapbook
35. Take a walk around the yard
36. Write a poem together. My sis started writing things mom said down . Memories that she would talk about . I think writing these down are a good idea.
37. Reminisce about the first day of school
38. String Cheerios to hang outside for the birds. This is kind of cool I like this one.
39. Make a fresh fruit salad.
40. Sweep the patio. LOL!!!
41. Color paper Shamrocks green. Some of these are kind of silly. They could just say color in a coloring book or something like that.
Have a great day Everyone. Just Pray!!!
The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.
Seven Stages of Alzheimer's
1. No sign of congnitive impairment. 2. Very mild congnitive decline. 3. Mild congnitive decline. 4. Moderate congnitive decline. 5. Moderately severe congnitive decline. 6. Severe congnitive decline. 7. Very severe congnitive decline. (Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)
In 2008 over 800 people died of Alzheimer's in Arkansas. In 2009 there were 33,723 people in nursing homes with some kind of Cognitiv...
Hi Everyone, It is 4:36 A.M. . Thats right I can't sleep. I only have around 30 or 40 more tips to go and I will be finished with the ...
Hi, Everyone. Tomorrow it will be one year since Mom passed. It has been a busy year. New friends , New Job and New Adventure's. Some g...
Good Morning All. It has been a busy few weeks. I actually got some work done around the house. And I did paint mom's room so I could m...
http://act.alz.org/site/TR/Walk2014/AR-Arkansas?pg=team&fr_id=4921&team_id=207982 Guess what time of year it is! Alzheimer's W...
I came across this website from Kimberly Clark. It has lots of good info on the importance of washing your hands and much more to keep infec...
Plant City Lady and Friends: Precious Last Days My friend Carol's Husband lost his fight with Alzheimer's this week. She is...
Carol from Plant City Lady And Friends is a wonderful blogger friend . She interviewed me for her blog . Check it out . Thank you Carol . ...
I looked online to see if there was a post Caregiver Stress Syndrome and I found this Caregiver Stress Syndrome. I did not find a label for ...
Hi everyone. How are you all? Hope all is well with you and your love ones. We are having crazy weather in Arkansas as always. First ...
- ► 2012 (9)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2010 (61)
Blogs and sites I like to visit.
- Alz's Team
- Alzheimer's Association
- Alzheimer's info
- carer,worker,mother ,wife
- Dealing With Alz's
- Dementia and Alzheimer's weekly
- Donna's Den
- God,mom,Alzheimers and me
- Had A Dad
- Living with Alzheimer's
- My Life As A Daughter
- That Old House
- the trip over