This is a comment off Alzheimers With love Facebook page . If you have facebook check her out. She is great.
Freda R wrote:
"60% of Alzheimer's caregivers are women.
Of those women, 68% report they have emotional stress from caregiving.
Nearly half of these 68% rate their stress as a "5" on a scale of "1" to "5."
57% of all caregivers, including 2/3 of the women, admit they fear getting
Alzheimer's.
4 in 10 caregivers say they had no choice about their new role.
I know....after taking care of my Alz. husband since 2006, I 'fear' very much of
getting Alzheimer's disease......."
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.
Seven Stages of Alzheimer's
1. No sign of congnitive impairment.
2. Very mild congnitive decline.
3. Mild congnitive decline.
4. Moderate congnitive decline.
5. Moderately severe congnitive decline.
6. Severe congnitive decline.
7. Very severe congnitive decline.
(Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)
Popular Posts
-
I wonder why my mom has to live like this? Not really living just existing. Last night my best friends dad died.He was a wonderful man and h...
-
I want to think all my blog friends for there nice comments on my silly post. Don't know why I posted my last post but it was something ...
-
If you remember from an old post we were trying to sell moms van with an wheelchair lift. We did it. It sold this week. Now hope we don'...
-
I have ran out of things to write about. In my earlier post my mind was full of things to share. But now everything is at a stand still. We ...
-
I tried something new for supper. We had cream of chicken soup and I put some instant potato flakes in mom's to make it thicker and more...
-
Mom is still hanging in there. I knew it was not her time. Of course if I had sent her to the Hospice Home I am sure she would of went ahead...
-
This has been a awful week. I have cried and pigged out and cried and pigged out some more. As soon as my son came home last night I went to...
-
TUESDAY, Aug. 16 (HealthDay News) -- Drinking moderate amounts of alcohol, especially wine, may lower the risk of dementia, according to a r...
-
This is our second big snow of the season. We have been without a good snow for years and we had two already this year. Lately we have just ...
-
OK, I had a meltdown today. I am a little stressed because the kitchen sink it stopped up and I can't get it unstopped. And now I have t...
Blogs and sites I like to visit.
- Alz's Team
- Alzheimer's Association
- Alzheimer's info
- alzheimersinthehouse.blogspot.com
- astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
- carer,worker,mother ,wife
- Dealing With Alz's
- Dementia and Alzheimer's weekly
- diaryofacarer.blogspot.com
- Donna's Den
- God,mom,Alzheimers and me
- Had A Dad
- http://50somethinginfo.blogspot.com/
- http://agingcare.com
- http://alzheimersadvocacy.com/
- http://amountaintoohigh.com
- http://backdoorlogic.blogspot.com
- http://caring.com/
- http://citygirltalks.blogspot.com/
- http://conniesclassicclips.blogspot.com
- http://freebies4mom.blogspot.com
- http://kimshappyhome.blogspot.com
- http://lifeisgood-smile.blogspot.com/
- http://livebold-helen.blogspot.com
- http://mandatorybloghere9.blogspot.com/
- http://movingforwardwithalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://ourjourneythroughalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://plantcityladyandfriends.blogspot.com/
- http://sherizeee.blogspot.com/
- http://shop4freebies.com
- http://stapjeterug.blogspot.com/
- http://suzysbloomers.blogspot.com/
- http://themomandmejournalsdotnet.net/2009/11/over-last-two-weeks.html
- http://www.alz.org/news_and_events_16202.asp
- http://www.angelfoodministries.com
- Living with Alzheimer's
- My Life As A Daughter
- That Old House
- the trip over
- www.ecarediary.com

I saw Diane Sawyer interviewing Maria Shriver on the news last night on this very topic. They were saying that the stress for caregivers rates a 5 out of 5. It seems like everybody I know who has a parent with it worries that they, too, will get it. My brother said that he hopes it will skip a generation.
ReplyDeleteHope your mom is doing well.
The Good Morning America and Diane Sawyer segment this week.... has really made me do some heavy thinking about the stress of care giving......I do believe the #5..... I'm 5 1/2 right now.... Thanks Karen, and I hope you are taking care of yourself!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Dolores
Mom is good and I am go between a 3 and a 6 on the stress level. Thanks ladies for your comments.
ReplyDelete