I am really tired. We had a little party for mom. She did not really enjoy it. I made her favorite lemon cake and we had Hamburger Helper with creamed corn for supper. Took a very long time for her to eat her supper. And than just a few bites of cake. This morning while I was getting her up I sang Happy Birthday to her and she sang with me.That was nice. But tonight she did not care. My sister ,son and his girlfriend was here. We did not want to overwhelm her.
With Alzheimer's you can't except to much so we have to keep the activities simple. Just getting her to eat anything is a big job so trying to get her to taste her cake is not that important if it is going to stress her out. Anyway she is napping in her chair now . My sister went home for awhile but will be back . It is her night to stay and I get to sleep. I am so happy. And mom ate some of her veggies. It was a good day.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.
Seven Stages of Alzheimer's
1. No sign of congnitive impairment.
2. Very mild congnitive decline.
3. Mild congnitive decline.
4. Moderate congnitive decline.
5. Moderately severe congnitive decline.
6. Severe congnitive decline.
7. Very severe congnitive decline.
(Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)
Popular Posts
-
I want to think all my blog friends for there nice comments on my silly post. Don't know why I posted my last post but it was something ...
-
If you remember from an old post we were trying to sell moms van with an wheelchair lift. We did it. It sold this week. Now hope we don'...
-
I wonder why my mom has to live like this? Not really living just existing. Last night my best friends dad died.He was a wonderful man and h...
-
I have ran out of things to write about. In my earlier post my mind was full of things to share. But now everything is at a stand still. We ...
-
Good Morning Bloggers, I have been thinking about this post for years. Now it is here and not sure what I want to write. Mom is in Hospice ...
-
As long as I can remember mom always had a curly perm. Than when in the early stages of Alz's. she started refusing to even get it cut....
-
I am so glad it is Friday. And it is Blog Action Day and I forgot till a nice reader of my blog reminded me . This years topic is Clean Wate...
-
Just when I thought I had enough to worry about my son goes and buys himself a motorcycle. Great. This has been a busy week. My dishwasher i...
-
Here is a wonderful prayer shared with us by Just A Mom. Click on it a few times to make it bigger. Thanks Jaye.
-
Mom is still hanging in there. I knew it was not her time. Of course if I had sent her to the Hospice Home I am sure she would of went ahead...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(76)
-
▼
September
(35)
- Mall Walking And The Lottery
- I'm Over Being Mad
- I Am Mad.
- Award
- Can't Sleep
- No More Pigging Out
- Mystery Meat
- Frank!!! What In The World?
- I'm Going To Tell Your Mother
- The Goodwill Store
- Brain Fart
- Chinese Food
- Had a Dad
- Rainy Day
- The Eight Legged Monster
- Quilt Pieces
- giveaway
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- I Am Going To Ride My Bike Today "Really"
- Poached Eggs
- What's So Funny?
- I Need A Vacation
- I cried today
- Football
- activity towel
- Somebody Crapped On Me
- T.G.I.F.
- Lemon Cake
- Happy Birthday Mom
- Finger Food
- Shopping
- Angel Food and Egg Drop Soup
- Nap time for mom
- Breakfast for mom
- Good morning
-
▼
September
(35)
Blogs and sites I like to visit.
- Alz's Team
- Alzheimer's Association
- Alzheimer's info
- alzheimersinthehouse.blogspot.com
- astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
- carer,worker,mother ,wife
- Dealing With Alz's
- Dementia and Alzheimer's weekly
- diaryofacarer.blogspot.com
- Donna's Den
- God,mom,Alzheimers and me
- Had A Dad
- http://50somethinginfo.blogspot.com/
- http://agingcare.com
- http://alzheimersadvocacy.com/
- http://amountaintoohigh.com
- http://backdoorlogic.blogspot.com
- http://caring.com/
- http://citygirltalks.blogspot.com/
- http://conniesclassicclips.blogspot.com
- http://freebies4mom.blogspot.com
- http://kimshappyhome.blogspot.com
- http://lifeisgood-smile.blogspot.com/
- http://livebold-helen.blogspot.com
- http://mandatorybloghere9.blogspot.com/
- http://movingforwardwithalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://ourjourneythroughalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://plantcityladyandfriends.blogspot.com/
- http://sherizeee.blogspot.com/
- http://shop4freebies.com
- http://stapjeterug.blogspot.com/
- http://suzysbloomers.blogspot.com/
- http://themomandmejournalsdotnet.net/2009/11/over-last-two-weeks.html
- http://www.alz.org/news_and_events_16202.asp
- http://www.angelfoodministries.com
- Living with Alzheimer's
- My Life As A Daughter
- That Old House
- the trip over
- www.ecarediary.com


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting my blog and I love reading your comments. Please come back soon. Karen