I am eating some of moms birthday cake. It has been a busy morning . The aid came to give mom a bath.So I had to make sure mom had her extra nice pills. If I don't give her a nice pill mom will yell ,pinch and scratch the aid while she is trying to give her a bath. I only give mom an extra nice pill the day the aid or nurse is coming because they make her sleep . And if she sleeps all day I can't get her to eat or drink . That is not good. It is hard enough to get her to eat and drink on a good day.
My sister was here to watch mom so I ran errands after making breakfast. Mom had a fried egg and I chopped up a banana for her finger food. Bananas are messy but they are good for her. I made me and my sister bacon and tomatoe sandwichs. The tomatoes are from my sisters tomatoe plant. They were very good.
The aid brought mom some diapers,whips and gloves. I am so Thankful for Hospice. Mom is no were near end of life but she meets a few of the requirments for Hospice to come out. If not for Hospice we would be short on alot of other things we need to buy . But remember you have to ask your Docter about Hospice because the Docter will not mention it to you untill End of Life.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.
Seven Stages of Alzheimer's
1. No sign of congnitive impairment.
2. Very mild congnitive decline.
3. Mild congnitive decline.
4. Moderate congnitive decline.
5. Moderately severe congnitive decline.
6. Severe congnitive decline.
7. Very severe congnitive decline.
(Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)
Popular Posts
-
My friend G. A. died a few days ago. She slipped on some ice hit her head and never recovered. I have not seen her in years. She moved to Da...
-
Mom has not changed a lot in the last few months till this last week. Her new thing now is not opening her eyes. She will go most of the day...
-
Well spring as sprung. It is in the high 70's . I have the windows open and a nice breeze is blowing through the house. It is very nice....
-
Over the weekend I pulled up my mom's old green shag carpet. I knew there were hardwood floors underneath but did not know the shape t...
-
Alzheimer's Association Another new fact: In 2012, 15.4 million family & friends provided 17.5 billion hours of unpaid care. ...
-
No dollar for us but at least another day. Mom is sleeping. I could of slept late this morning but my cat wanted out and bugged me till I go...
-
I just finished the wonderful book my blogger friend Carol sent me . It is great! You have to get one. Getting Off The Niceness Treadmill is...
-
Hi All My Blogger Friends. It has been awhile since my last post. Just got back from this years Alzheimer's Walk. Another great one. ...
-
It is cold and rainy today. My feet are cold. We have been enjoying sunshine the last few days than back to rain and chilly weather. I promi...
-
Greatest man in History, named Jesus, had no servants, yet they called Him Master. Had no degree, yet they called Him Teacher. Had no medici...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(76)
-
▼
September
(35)
- Mall Walking And The Lottery
- I'm Over Being Mad
- I Am Mad.
- Award
- Can't Sleep
- No More Pigging Out
- Mystery Meat
- Frank!!! What In The World?
- I'm Going To Tell Your Mother
- The Goodwill Store
- Brain Fart
- Chinese Food
- Had a Dad
- Rainy Day
- The Eight Legged Monster
- Quilt Pieces
- giveaway
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- I Am Going To Ride My Bike Today "Really"
- Poached Eggs
- What's So Funny?
- I Need A Vacation
- I cried today
- Football
- activity towel
- Somebody Crapped On Me
- T.G.I.F.
- Lemon Cake
- Happy Birthday Mom
- Finger Food
- Shopping
- Angel Food and Egg Drop Soup
- Nap time for mom
- Breakfast for mom
- Good morning
-
▼
September
(35)
Blogs and sites I like to visit.
- Alz's Team
- Alzheimer's Association
- Alzheimer's info
- alzheimersinthehouse.blogspot.com
- astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
- carer,worker,mother ,wife
- Dealing With Alz's
- Dementia and Alzheimer's weekly
- diaryofacarer.blogspot.com
- Donna's Den
- God,mom,Alzheimers and me
- Had A Dad
- http://50somethinginfo.blogspot.com/
- http://agingcare.com
- http://alzheimersadvocacy.com/
- http://amountaintoohigh.com
- http://backdoorlogic.blogspot.com
- http://caring.com/
- http://citygirltalks.blogspot.com/
- http://conniesclassicclips.blogspot.com
- http://freebies4mom.blogspot.com
- http://kimshappyhome.blogspot.com
- http://lifeisgood-smile.blogspot.com/
- http://livebold-helen.blogspot.com
- http://mandatorybloghere9.blogspot.com/
- http://movingforwardwithalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://ourjourneythroughalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://plantcityladyandfriends.blogspot.com/
- http://sherizeee.blogspot.com/
- http://shop4freebies.com
- http://stapjeterug.blogspot.com/
- http://suzysbloomers.blogspot.com/
- http://themomandmejournalsdotnet.net/2009/11/over-last-two-weeks.html
- http://www.alz.org/news_and_events_16202.asp
- http://www.angelfoodministries.com
- Living with Alzheimer's
- My Life As A Daughter
- That Old House
- the trip over
- www.ecarediary.com

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting my blog and I love reading your comments. Please come back soon. Karen