I got Ramen Noodles on the stove and I am going to drop an egg in them when they are done. That way mom gets her protein . It is kind of like Egg Drop Soup you get at a Chinese Restaurant but not as good. While the Noodles are cooking I am trying to feed mom some pear puree I got from the Angel Food Ministries. They are great . You order food one Saturday a month then go back and get it the next Sat. It is pretty good food for a low price. Look them up to see if you can get it in your area.
Anyway I have some peas I am going to sneak into the noodles too. If mom doesn't spit it all out she will get a nice meal for a low price.
I got a great booklet on Alzheimer's from the National Institute On Aging. It is called Caregiver Guide. In it I read that if you use the patients name instead of saying mom or dad they might respond. It works most of the time. She will just sit there and ignore me and I will say Earlene and she wakes up and takes a bite. Sometimes. She is eating the pear puree good. When I have the money I like to go to Aldies and buy a lot of canned fruit and veg. Than I can puree them myself . Much cheaper that way. I can get her to eat fruit anytime but now if I could only get her to eat her veggies.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.
Seven Stages of Alzheimer's
1. No sign of congnitive impairment.
2. Very mild congnitive decline.
3. Mild congnitive decline.
4. Moderate congnitive decline.
5. Moderately severe congnitive decline.
6. Severe congnitive decline.
7. Very severe congnitive decline.
(Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)
Popular Posts
-
http://walktoendalz.kintera.org/faf/donorreg/donorpledge.asp?ievent=456825&supId=297848008 I had a wild thought last night. I could no...
-
I wonder why my mom has to live like this? Not really living just existing. Last night my best friends dad died.He was a wonderful man and h...
-
Hi, How is everyone? It has been way over a year since I started posting these so I am going to finish today. They are from www.alz.org/liv...
-
I tried something new for supper. We had cream of chicken soup and I put some instant potato flakes in mom's to make it thicker and more...
-
My friend G. A. died a few days ago. She slipped on some ice hit her head and never recovered. I have not seen her in years. She moved to Da...
-
Hello everyone . I finally have my internet back. It has been a busy few months. Got a job, quit it , got a new job , broke up with my boyfr...
-
Over the weekend I pulled up my mom's old green shag carpet. I knew there were hardwood floors underneath but did not know the shape t...
-
Mom is eating very well these days. She has went through so many different eating stages. When she still could and would feed herself all sh...
-
While I was doing dishes this morning mom yelled " Karen I lost my nose". You did I said. And she ask me to come help. I found her...
-
House of Representatives approves National Alzheimer’s Project Act The U.S. House of Representatives has overwhelmingly passed the Nationa...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(76)
-
▼
September
(35)
- Mall Walking And The Lottery
- I'm Over Being Mad
- I Am Mad.
- Award
- Can't Sleep
- No More Pigging Out
- Mystery Meat
- Frank!!! What In The World?
- I'm Going To Tell Your Mother
- The Goodwill Store
- Brain Fart
- Chinese Food
- Had a Dad
- Rainy Day
- The Eight Legged Monster
- Quilt Pieces
- giveaway
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- I Am Going To Ride My Bike Today "Really"
- Poached Eggs
- What's So Funny?
- I Need A Vacation
- I cried today
- Football
- activity towel
- Somebody Crapped On Me
- T.G.I.F.
- Lemon Cake
- Happy Birthday Mom
- Finger Food
- Shopping
- Angel Food and Egg Drop Soup
- Nap time for mom
- Breakfast for mom
- Good morning
-
▼
September
(35)
Blogs and sites I like to visit.
- Alz's Team
- Alzheimer's Association
- Alzheimer's info
- alzheimersinthehouse.blogspot.com
- astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
- carer,worker,mother ,wife
- Dealing With Alz's
- Dementia and Alzheimer's weekly
- diaryofacarer.blogspot.com
- Donna's Den
- God,mom,Alzheimers and me
- Had A Dad
- http://50somethinginfo.blogspot.com/
- http://agingcare.com
- http://alzheimersadvocacy.com/
- http://amountaintoohigh.com
- http://backdoorlogic.blogspot.com
- http://caring.com/
- http://citygirltalks.blogspot.com/
- http://conniesclassicclips.blogspot.com
- http://freebies4mom.blogspot.com
- http://kimshappyhome.blogspot.com
- http://lifeisgood-smile.blogspot.com/
- http://livebold-helen.blogspot.com
- http://mandatorybloghere9.blogspot.com/
- http://movingforwardwithalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://ourjourneythroughalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://plantcityladyandfriends.blogspot.com/
- http://sherizeee.blogspot.com/
- http://shop4freebies.com
- http://stapjeterug.blogspot.com/
- http://suzysbloomers.blogspot.com/
- http://themomandmejournalsdotnet.net/2009/11/over-last-two-weeks.html
- http://www.alz.org/news_and_events_16202.asp
- http://www.angelfoodministries.com
- Living with Alzheimer's
- My Life As A Daughter
- That Old House
- the trip over
- www.ecarediary.com

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting my blog and I love reading your comments. Please come back soon. Karen