There are 5.4 million people who have Alzheimer's. It cost 183 billion dollars in annual costs. Alz's is the 6th leading cause of death.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. Concentrate on this sentence... 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
WE LOVE HIM BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED US
1 John 4: 9-10

Mom and Dad Happy Times.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Angel Food and Egg Drop Soup

I got Ramen Noodles on the stove and I am going to drop an egg in them when they are done. That way mom gets her protein . It is kind of like Egg Drop Soup you get at a Chinese Restaurant but not as good. While the Noodles are cooking I am trying to feed mom some pear puree I got from the Angel Food Ministries. They are great . You order food one Saturday a month then go back and get it the next Sat. It is pretty good food for a low price. Look them up to see if you can get it in your area.
Anyway I have some peas I am going to sneak into the noodles too. If mom doesn't spit it all out she will get a nice meal for a low price.
I got a great booklet on Alzheimer's from the National Institute On Aging. It is called Caregiver Guide. In it I read that if you use the patients name instead of saying mom or dad they might respond. It works most of the time. She will just sit there and ignore me and I will say Earlene and she wakes up and takes a bite. Sometimes. She is eating the pear puree good. When I have the money I like to go to Aldies and buy a lot of canned fruit and veg. Than I can puree them myself . Much cheaper that way. I can get her to eat fruit anytime but now if I could only get her to eat her veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and I love reading your comments. Please come back soon. Karen

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

Seven Stages of Alzheimer's

1. No sign of congnitive impairment. 2. Very mild congnitive decline. 3. Mild congnitive decline. 4. Moderate congnitive decline. 5. Moderately severe congnitive decline. 6. Severe congnitive decline. 7. Very severe congnitive decline. (Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)

Popular Posts

Blog Archive