There are 5.4 million people who have Alzheimer's. It cost 183 billion dollars in annual costs. Alz's is the 6th leading cause of death.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. Concentrate on this sentence... 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
WE LOVE HIM BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED US
1 John 4: 9-10

Mom and Dad Happy Times.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Time To Wake Up.

Mom was not ready to get up this morning. I went to bug her and I said "Mom time to get up" and she said very clear "No it is not go away". So I left her alone for a little while longer. It is rare for her to talk so clearly and confident that I wanted to obey her.

The sun is shining for the first time all week. But it is very windy. At least no rain. That is very nice.

We are doing so good with our thick drinks. It takes her forever to drink these days but at least she is not getting choked.For breakfast we had oatmeal and a wonderful blueberry smoothie that my son made. Mom ate and drank everything.



I am ready for the weekend. It seems like this week was so busy. I got to go to the mall with my sister which is I think the very first time I have ever been to the mall with my sister. Can you believe that? Lately she is watching mom while I run around but my son watched her so we could both go . And before mom got sick I guess going to the mall was not on our list of things to do together. It was fun. I hope we get to go again. She could not walk the whole mall with me. To old . Just kidding. Her feet and legs started hurting so we rested a lot. I think maybe she had on the wrong kind of shoes. Next time I will make her wear her walking shoes.
Have a Happy Halloween Everyone.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like the Smoothie drinks have done wonders for you both. Glad to hear it and that you have gotten a much deserved break to do something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, hi. Did you eventually get her out of bed? How did that go? If only that were eliminated from my routine, how blissful things would be! Well, not really but you know what I mean :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so good to hear that the smoothie drinks are working for you and your mom. Sounds delicious too!

    Wonderful news that you were able to get out with your sister and enjoy being together....... You certainly deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes the smoothies are great and I loved getting out of the house. I did eventually get mom up. She hates it but I got to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen,
    Wow what a lovely tribute to your family. I will have to stop by again.
    Thank you for your note,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that the smoothies are working so well and your mom is eating good.
    Also good that you got out of the house and had a nice time at the mall with your sister.
    Enjoy your Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is great you let your mom have her moments...many care givers forget about that. She is so truly blessed to have you for a daughter!
    Thanks for stopping by and leaving the comment on my blog...I love hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks. I am just lazy so any excuse to not have to get her up I take. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and I love reading your comments. Please come back soon. Karen

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

Seven Stages of Alzheimer's

1. No sign of congnitive impairment. 2. Very mild congnitive decline. 3. Mild congnitive decline. 4. Moderate congnitive decline. 5. Moderately severe congnitive decline. 6. Severe congnitive decline. 7. Very severe congnitive decline. (Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)

Popular Posts