There are 5.4 million people who have Alzheimer's. It cost 183 billion dollars in annual costs. Alz's is the 6th leading cause of death.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. Concentrate on this sentence... 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
WE LOVE HIM BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED US
1 John 4: 9-10

Mom and Dad Happy Times.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Rainy Friday

It is raining , and raining and raining. We had Tornado warnings all over last night but no touchdowns. Thank goodness . My son was at the movies "walk-in" not drive-in. Any way I texted him that we are under a tornado warning and the news guy said take cover now . He texted back. Cool. Silly boy. Nothing came of the storm except a lot of rain . We get so many storms here you would think that I would not get so worried. I actually love thunderstorms. I just ate those Tornado's. It is the 1 chance in a 100 that one will hit us that scares me.

Last night when I was putting mom to bed I rolled her over and she hit her head on the bed rail. I said "I'm sorry" and she said "well you better be". She is so funny. She ate a good supper. I am going to make scrambled eggs for breakfast. My sister is asleep on the sofa so I am going to go bug both her and mom. I just love waking everyone up. Heck if I have to be up so should every one else right?

13 comments:

  1. Karen~
    I just found your blog over at Granny mountain and want to make the cookies!Do you just add the pie filling and eggs to the dry mix?
    Also, I'm putting your blog in my favorites. I work at a skilled facility with a lot of Alzheimers patients,so you caught my interest. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it, Karen. If you're up, then you should have some company! I don't know about the tornados except in the news, books, movies--but they must be really scary. What do you do with your mom when you get a warning? Can you move her quickly to a basement?

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come back anytime Suzy. I am going to make the cookies too.But I am trying to not gain my wieght back I just lost. I don't need them . On the cake you just mix everything together and nothing esle.
    Hi,Ms. 50 something I put mom in her wheelchair and we would of went to the hallway. That is the center of the our house so that is the our safe place.We have been in that hallway alot over these past 40 yrs. So far so good. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We really only get tornados when there are hurricanes here. As if hurricanes arent bad enough right??

    Oh and totally bug your sister. Thats why they were made right??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your muse. I think is MUST help in getting through the tough days. And, they are all tough when dealing with THE MONSTER IN THE BRAIN disease.

    When I saw my father a few days ago I asked him if he liked my new hair color. He said "No! I don't like it one-cotton-pickin-bit."

    I started cracking up. He was always honest to a fault...that is the one thing about him that remains untouched by the illness.

    Love to you~

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the spring and fall we get lots of thunderstorms so there are lots of tornado watches but sometimes we get warnings . If there is any rotation at all in the clouds we get a warning. Thank Goodness nothing usually happens . But better safe than sorry.
    My sister did not want to get up . LOL! To Bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like that one-cotton-pickin-bit. That brings back memories. So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We seem to have more than our share of tornado warnings here in Middle TN. We missed the bullet this afternoon. One was spotted near my mom's. I send out emails to my daughter at work. She has a windowless office, so many times, she is unaware of the weather. The office building when she first went to work in downtown Nashville was hit (several years ago), so she doesn't take a warning lightly.
    Beckie in TN

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't either . I have been in two when I was small. We were caught out in a field while checking on the horse's one time and my mom made me hug a tree. And we were caught in the middle of no Where while driving and got out of the truck and went under a bridge. They really do sound like trains .

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've had a nice slow rain most of the day, with NO thunder or lightning..... Yea. I enjoy the rain, but the lightning scares me to death.
    Before Alzheimer's, David was my protector.....now, the storms frighten him. I'm working on being strong..... (smile)

    Your son sounds so cute.... like a typical college student, as he text to you, ..."cool"

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is typical . And you are strong taking care of David .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog. We bloggers do love it when someone new drops by.
    My mom had dementia the last 10 years of her life. It was a difficult time, but mostly I don't think about it anymore. The good memories are much more fun to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  13. good memories are the ones to remember.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and I love reading your comments. Please come back soon. Karen

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

Seven Stages of Alzheimer's

1. No sign of congnitive impairment. 2. Very mild congnitive decline. 3. Mild congnitive decline. 4. Moderate congnitive decline. 5. Moderately severe congnitive decline. 6. Severe congnitive decline. 7. Very severe congnitive decline. (Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)

Popular Posts