There are 5.4 million people who have Alzheimer's. It cost 183 billion dollars in annual costs. Alz's is the 6th leading cause of death.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. Concentrate on this sentence... 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
WE LOVE HIM BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED US
1 John 4: 9-10

Mom and Dad Happy Times.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Drive-in

Mom is eating spaghetti and applesauce. And she is wide awake. No nurse today and no aid so I only gave mom her pain pills and some vitamins. Her first bite she said " Oh, that is good".


And she just said "Karen I love you". Very cool. Than she said a bunch of stuff I did not understand .


Anyway I just realized summer is almost over and I have not been to the drive-in.
http://112driveintheatre.com/
Going to the drive-in was an every week-end event when I was a teenager and I took my son almost every weekend also. Mom loved to go with us. We would take an ice chest and chairs and blankets . It was great. I even bought a truck so we could sit in the back to watch the movie. You just can't beat that. I still got popcorn from the concession stand most of the time. But sometimes we would pop are own and take it too. But it just is not the same. I love popcorn and choc. I think I have wrote that in another post .Sorry.


I need to start paying attention mom was looking for her bread and it was on the floor. I need to wake up. She just said "I hate you". the love was nice while it lasted.


Tonight I will give her a nice pill so she will go to sleep but today has been good. Tomorrow is nurse and aid day and she will be in a bad mood so she will get a nice pill in the morning for sure.


I have to get off here Mom is wanting me to talk to her and she is eating. That is good. :)

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad that today was a good day.
    I have fond memories of the drive-in too. We recently saw one when we were on vacation in Virginia & I wanted to go. We didn't get a chance, however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relish the little victories! I remember how my grandfather would snap out of a long episode of crazy and suddenly address us by name. And he was so sweet (something he was not normally).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am glad that you had a good day with your mom. :-)
    I used to go to the drive in when I was a little girl with my mom and dad. My grandma would go along with us too.
    The first date I had with my husband was at the drive in and we saw The Poseidon Adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The things they will say, I think, well, as a toddler I probably told my mom I hated her over food issues, ya know? The circle of life. You hang in there. You are a good daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should take her to the drive in with your son. My grandfather had mild alzheimer's and watching movies was one of the things he enjoyed best, but I doubt he knew what was going on much of the time. Glad to hear you had a nice day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone. I'm hanging in. Oh,Karen Poseidon Adventure is one of my favorite movies. The old one not the new ones. They are just ok. I might take mom with to the drive in this weekend.The newest Harry Potter is on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen,
    I think it is wonderful you created such a fun family tradition with going to those drive-in movies! I can picture you and your son all snuggled in the back of your truck. It sounds absolutely delightful!!

    You are a good caretaker of your mother. I am glad that she occasionally expresses her love to you and that you record it here in your blog.

    Peace and love to you,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen,

    I'm behind again on blog reading. Glad you had a good day with your mom. I guess you take in and cherish the love, and try to let go of the rest.

    Sometimes I want to go to a movie just to have movie popcorn. Take care !

    ReplyDelete
  9. You brought back some very good memories for me, thinking of Drive In movies; we don't have any near us, and haven't had any near for many years. Wow, thinking of the last time we went to a drive in......probably 30 years. Yikes! that makes me feel ancient.
    I hope you all can go this weekend.... and enjoy.

    Your mom does love you..., and it's so good that you heard her say those sweet words.

    I hope today has been a good day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks guys. It is pouring rain right now and we have been under a tornadoe warning for the last hr. or we were it is over now . Than a cold front coming in. So don't know about the drive-in this weekend. I might of waited to long. My sister is here today. So it is good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and I love reading your comments. Please come back soon. Karen

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

Seven Stages of Alzheimer's

1. No sign of congnitive impairment. 2. Very mild congnitive decline. 3. Mild congnitive decline. 4. Moderate congnitive decline. 5. Moderately severe congnitive decline. 6. Severe congnitive decline. 7. Very severe congnitive decline. (Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)

Popular Posts