There are 5.4 million people who have Alzheimer's. It cost 183 billion dollars in annual costs. Alz's is the 6th leading cause of death.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. Concentrate on this sentence... 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
WE LOVE HIM BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED US
1 John 4: 9-10

Mom and Dad Happy Times.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Windy Monday

My son just left for class and here I am again writing my post before I get mom up. I put that off as long as possible. Did I mention lazy is my middle name.
It is very windy out and going to be in the high 60's today. Maybe I will open a window later. Fresh air would be nice. It did not get out of the 50's Saturday and was a little warmer Sunday .

The weekend was good . We had a nice visit with moms nephew and his family. Sat. my brother took them to the crafts fair. My son, mom and I watched football . Arkansas lost to Florida but it was a very good game anyway. When they got back we ate supper and than my son stayed with mom.My brother went home and I took them site seeing and to Target. They do not have a Target near them. We also went to Walgreen's and Wal-mart. I really did take them to site see not just to shop. We drove around the Uof A campus and I showed them some very pretty and large old homes and buildings. Took them around the square than we went shopping. It was getting dark so had to go shopping.


Mom ate good but did not visit. Not sure if she knew they were here. I think she talked to them once. It is good for them to see her . No one really knows how gone she is till they see her in person. She has very few times when you can talk to her and she responds normal. She does listen alot and will just say something out of the blue that goes along with what we are talking about but most of the time the words don't make sense. I think she is trying and wants to talk to us or wants us to talk to her . It just does not come out right.
In the mornings If I give her some love and talk to her she will talk to me . And she will tell me that she is not ready to get up. I really think she knows whats going on right than. But when I start getting her up she gets all confused and upset. Then it's like that off and on most of the day.
Well it's time to get busy just another day another dollar. I wish! I could us a dollar.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a nice weekend with your relatives. It sounds like you were a good hostess. Take care - Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think anyone could call you lazy. It must be so much work to take care of your mom.
    I'm glad you had a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen,

    It has been in the 50's & 60"s here for the last two days, a big improvement over last week when it was in the 30's & 40's and raining most of the time.

    Yesterday I managed to talk Sue into going to K-Mart with me to get a vacuum cleaner belt. While we were out there I remembered reading that there was a new antique/craft shop a few doors away. Sue loved it. She wants to go back as soon as we can afford it.

    God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really am lazy. You should see my messy house is Karen.
    David, so glad your back. Missed you and Sue.
    We had a nice visit Leslie I was an ok host. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen,
    It's good to hear that the visit went well with the relatives. Watching a football game, eating lasagna, sightseeing and going to Target...... sure sounds good to me! We don't have a Target in our town..... sure wish we did.

    You are not lazy! Goodness, your hands are full taking care of your mom.

    Good to hear from you!
    Dolores

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. My son's girlfriend works at Target so I got to show her off too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and I love reading your comments. Please come back soon. Karen

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

Seven Stages of Alzheimer's

1. No sign of congnitive impairment. 2. Very mild congnitive decline. 3. Mild congnitive decline. 4. Moderate congnitive decline. 5. Moderately severe congnitive decline. 6. Severe congnitive decline. 7. Very severe congnitive decline. (Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)

Popular Posts