There are 5.4 million people who have Alzheimer's. It cost 183 billion dollars in annual costs. Alz's is the 6th leading cause of death.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. Concentrate on this sentence... 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
WE LOVE HIM BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED US
1 John 4: 9-10

Mom and Dad Happy Times.

Friday, October 2, 2009

Tomato Soup

I tried to get mom to share my TV dinner for lunch but no way Jose.

So I started digging around looking for something to feed her and I found 4 cans of Tomato Soup which is for my son's grilled cheese sandwich dinners. Mom has never liked tomato soup she always eats Chicken Noodle or Cream Of Chicken with her Grilled Cheese sandwich's. Anyway I made some and she ate it. I put some crackers in it and she ate half a bowl with no trouble at all . Heeaw!! Life is good.

9 comments:

  1. Our computer is down, I'm using one at the library right now. Your going to cause me to go home and eat.

    God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your mom ate!!
    I love grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karen, you've made me hungry! Grilled cheese and tomato soup are comfort foods for me, and I love them (cheap too), which makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen,

    I'm behind on some of my blog reading over the last 2 days. I'll catch up tomorrow...I see you've had several posts I haven't read yet. I hope all is well. Boy - When you're taking care of someone as intensely as you are, little things mean a lot! Go tomato soup! I'll be in touch -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the tongue wants what it wants! LOL Plus the Alz---senses can diminish and her brain may search for a food memory, "Do I like that? Is that real food? I feel no hunger." Happy to hear something made it to stomach. They serve tomato soup and grilled cheese about once a week in my home. I love it. My mom has been eating well, no issues yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grilled cheese and tom. soup is one of my son's favorite's too. I am going to try some more new stuff on her when I go shopping. I hope none of your love ones goes though this eating thing. It is hard. Good luck to all and Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you were able to find something that your mom would eat. I know that can be a challenge to get them to eat. I used to always be trying to get my mom to eat healthy foods, but now I am just glad when she will eat anything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness for Tomato soup! I hope she eats it the next time, too. Like our little ones, she may not like it the next time. You are in my thoughts & prayers.
    Beckie in Brentwood, TN

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks . I went shoping and got a varity of soup going to try them out. I want her to get protein so I tried to get some with meat in it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and I love reading your comments. Please come back soon. Karen

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

Seven Stages of Alzheimer's

1. No sign of congnitive impairment. 2. Very mild congnitive decline. 3. Mild congnitive decline. 4. Moderate congnitive decline. 5. Moderately severe congnitive decline. 6. Severe congnitive decline. 7. Very severe congnitive decline. (Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)

Popular Posts