All of you on Hospice know that you have to be evaluated every 3 months to see if you are still eligible for Hospice. Ok this is a no win for me. If hospice goes We have to start paying for medicine and supplies for mom again. Which is hard since I am not working and we are living on moms SS with help from my son all the time and brother and sister in an emergancy. But if Hospice stays that means mom is getting worse. I can't see that she is worse because she is so much better than before her eye surgery. The only thing differant lately is her yelling and not sleeping . Which we have been trying to adjust her meds to help with that. Sorry if you have to listen to this every 3 months . But this sure does worry me. Before Hospice we were always short of money. And now we live comfortly. We can keep our extra tv channels , internet and cell phone. We are little spoiled. But if mom is better I am happy. I would love it if she would stay this way for years. She talks to me sometimes and I can understand what she says and she eats good now that I know what she likes "sweets" and she has no pressure sores Which is a big deal for me. The last ones she got were awful. I pray "No More Pressure Sores" Of course keeping her from getting pressure sores sure keeps me from getting a good nights sleep. Oh well, no big deal. After 3 years I am used to it.
Now on a lighter note. Arkansas is playing Ohio in the Sugar Bowl. Go Hogs!!!!
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.
Seven Stages of Alzheimer's
1. No sign of congnitive impairment.
2. Very mild congnitive decline.
3. Mild congnitive decline.
4. Moderate congnitive decline.
5. Moderately severe congnitive decline.
6. Severe congnitive decline.
7. Very severe congnitive decline.
(Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)
Popular Posts
-
Mom has not changed a lot in the last few months till this last week. Her new thing now is not opening her eyes. She will go most of the day...
-
Alzheimer's Association Another new fact: In 2012, 15.4 million family & friends provided 17.5 billion hours of unpaid care. ...
-
Well spring as sprung. It is in the high 70's . I have the windows open and a nice breeze is blowing through the house. It is very nice....
-
No dollar for us but at least another day. Mom is sleeping. I could of slept late this morning but my cat wanted out and bugged me till I go...
-
My friend G. A. died a few days ago. She slipped on some ice hit her head and never recovered. I have not seen her in years. She moved to Da...
-
Over the weekend I pulled up my mom's old green shag carpet. I knew there were hardwood floors underneath but did not know the shape t...
-
Mom is 83 today. My sister fed her lemon cake which is her favorite last night after supper. She ate most of it. Last year I don't think...
-
I just finished the wonderful book my blogger friend Carol sent me . It is great! You have to get one. Getting Off The Niceness Treadmill is...
-
http://act.alz.org/site/TR/Walk2014/AR-Arkansas?pg=team&fr_id=4921&team_id=207982 Guess what time of year it is! Alzheimer's W...
-
Hi All My Blogger Friends. It has been awhile since my last post. Just got back from this years Alzheimer's Walk. Another great one. ...
Blogs and sites I like to visit.
- Alz's Team
- Alzheimer's Association
- Alzheimer's info
- alzheimersinthehouse.blogspot.com
- astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
- carer,worker,mother ,wife
- Dealing With Alz's
- Dementia and Alzheimer's weekly
- diaryofacarer.blogspot.com
- Donna's Den
- God,mom,Alzheimers and me
- Had A Dad
- http://50somethinginfo.blogspot.com/
- http://agingcare.com
- http://alzheimersadvocacy.com/
- http://amountaintoohigh.com
- http://backdoorlogic.blogspot.com
- http://caring.com/
- http://citygirltalks.blogspot.com/
- http://conniesclassicclips.blogspot.com
- http://freebies4mom.blogspot.com
- http://kimshappyhome.blogspot.com
- http://lifeisgood-smile.blogspot.com/
- http://livebold-helen.blogspot.com
- http://mandatorybloghere9.blogspot.com/
- http://movingforwardwithalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://ourjourneythroughalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://plantcityladyandfriends.blogspot.com/
- http://sherizeee.blogspot.com/
- http://shop4freebies.com
- http://stapjeterug.blogspot.com/
- http://suzysbloomers.blogspot.com/
- http://themomandmejournalsdotnet.net/2009/11/over-last-two-weeks.html
- http://www.alz.org/news_and_events_16202.asp
- http://www.angelfoodministries.com
- Living with Alzheimer's
- My Life As A Daughter
- That Old House
- the trip over
- www.ecarediary.com

When will you find out about Hospice continuing?
ReplyDeleteOh Karen.... I'm praying/hoping for a good evaluation for hospice. I know this is so mind boggling to go through every 3 months. The finances for dealing with our loved ones with
ReplyDeleteAlzheimer's is a 'big deal'......
You amaze and inspire me with your love and devotion to your mother!
God bless....
The Social Worker will come visit next week and she will tell me if hospice keeps coming. Thanks ladies.
ReplyDeleteKaren...I also am praying for you and that the social worker does everything in her power to get you the help you so need and deserve. You are extremely inspirational. My prayers are with you.......
ReplyDelete