This has been an awful week. It is me not mom. She is eating , sleeping and in very little pain. But I am so tired and lazy and sad and I just want to be over this. I have cried more than I usually do and I even got caught by my son . I hate that . He put his arms around me and ask me if I was OK. Oh man I suck. Because I have enough food in the fridge to feed us. I am warm and I am well. Mom is OK. My son is great. If I don't blow money on stuff I don't need I have enough to last the month . With all the bills paid. So snap out of it.
Well I did. Two night's ago our neighbors house . Four doors down anyway. Caught on fire. The man of the house died and the wife is burned very bad. Three police officers pulled them from the burning house. All the day before the fire I was a mess for no reason. Just being a baby . And to think my poor neighbors lives where going to end or be changed that night. Today I am thankful for my life, family and home. Forgive me of my many sin's and Thank you Lord for all the blessing's you have given to me. And Please God bless the Holman's . I pray Mrs Holman recoveries from her burns and can find happiness again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.
Seven Stages of Alzheimer's
1. No sign of congnitive impairment.
2. Very mild congnitive decline.
3. Mild congnitive decline.
4. Moderate congnitive decline.
5. Moderately severe congnitive decline.
6. Severe congnitive decline.
7. Very severe congnitive decline.
(Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)
Popular Posts
-
Mom has not changed a lot in the last few months till this last week. Her new thing now is not opening her eyes. She will go most of the day...
-
My friend G. A. died a few days ago. She slipped on some ice hit her head and never recovered. I have not seen her in years. She moved to Da...
-
Well spring as sprung. It is in the high 70's . I have the windows open and a nice breeze is blowing through the house. It is very nice....
-
Over the weekend I pulled up my mom's old green shag carpet. I knew there were hardwood floors underneath but did not know the shape t...
-
Mom is eating very well these days. She has went through so many different eating stages. When she still could and would feed herself all sh...
-
Alzheimer's Association Another new fact: In 2012, 15.4 million family & friends provided 17.5 billion hours of unpaid care. ...
-
I wonder why my mom has to live like this? Not really living just existing. Last night my best friends dad died.He was a wonderful man and h...
-
No dollar for us but at least another day. Mom is sleeping. I could of slept late this morning but my cat wanted out and bugged me till I go...
-
I tried something new for supper. We had cream of chicken soup and I put some instant potato flakes in mom's to make it thicker and more...
-
I just finished the wonderful book my blogger friend Carol sent me . It is great! You have to get one. Getting Off The Niceness Treadmill is...
Blogs and sites I like to visit.
- Alz's Team
- Alzheimer's Association
- Alzheimer's info
- alzheimersinthehouse.blogspot.com
- astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
- carer,worker,mother ,wife
- Dealing With Alz's
- Dementia and Alzheimer's weekly
- diaryofacarer.blogspot.com
- Donna's Den
- God,mom,Alzheimers and me
- Had A Dad
- http://50somethinginfo.blogspot.com/
- http://agingcare.com
- http://alzheimersadvocacy.com/
- http://amountaintoohigh.com
- http://backdoorlogic.blogspot.com
- http://caring.com/
- http://citygirltalks.blogspot.com/
- http://conniesclassicclips.blogspot.com
- http://freebies4mom.blogspot.com
- http://kimshappyhome.blogspot.com
- http://lifeisgood-smile.blogspot.com/
- http://livebold-helen.blogspot.com
- http://mandatorybloghere9.blogspot.com/
- http://movingforwardwithalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://ourjourneythroughalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://plantcityladyandfriends.blogspot.com/
- http://sherizeee.blogspot.com/
- http://shop4freebies.com
- http://stapjeterug.blogspot.com/
- http://suzysbloomers.blogspot.com/
- http://themomandmejournalsdotnet.net/2009/11/over-last-two-weeks.html
- http://www.alz.org/news_and_events_16202.asp
- http://www.angelfoodministries.com
- Living with Alzheimer's
- My Life As A Daughter
- That Old House
- the trip over
- www.ecarediary.com

Such sad news about your neighbors.
ReplyDeleteIt sure puts things in perspective.
What a shock that must have been for all of your neighbors. So very sad.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you as you struggle with your own situation, it really is a tough journey you are on.
Nancy
Oh Karen....I'm so sorry to hear of your neighbor's tragedy.
ReplyDeleteWe can always look around us and find someone with a bigger/heavier burden than what we carry.
I understand how you feel though.... sometimes we just need to have a pitty party for awhile and then get back to reality.
I'm glad your mom isn't hurting...
If you need an ear to listen or a shoulder to cry on, let me know. My mother's health failed and we struggled through a lot of stuff too. Eventually was forced to put her in a nursing home. Not because we didn't want to do it, but it got to a point that she needed care that we simply did not have the knowledge and skill to provide. Not the same situation as yours, but very trying none the less. I've had more than a decade to look back on it and have finally made peace with it. Well, mostly. If you want to compare notes sometime, let me know.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone.
ReplyDelete