There are 5.4 million people who have Alzheimer's. It cost 183 billion dollars in annual costs. Alz's is the 6th leading cause of death.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. Concentrate on this sentence... 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
WE LOVE HIM BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED US
1 John 4: 9-10

Mom and Dad Happy Times.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Mom Missed Me

Yesterday when mom got home she was sleeping and slept most of the evening .This morning she was wide awake. When I went in to check on her and turned to leave she yelled come back here I love you. So of course I went back and gave her some loving. Than later she was yelling for me to come back . And she kept telling me to listen to her she loved me and don't leave. Needless to say I got her up early this morning. But she is getting back to normal now. She just told me to shut up when I was trying to get her to eat. Welcome Back Mom.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you had some days of rest. Hope things will be a bit easier for a while. Sweet words...well,for a few minutes at least.
    Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet to hear those lovely words. (Not the "shut up" ones, lol.)

    I'm glad to hear you are happy to have her home. That's a blessing.
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a little break and had some time to yourself.
    I'm sure it made you feel so good to hear those words from your mom. Something to think about when you are having a bad day with her. There is lots of love there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day last week my father recognized my younger sister, Jenny. He thinks she is still a little bitty girl, not a grown up 42 year old woman. This was HUGE for Jen as he hasn't known her in a long, long time.

    I take the good days with the not-so-good days. I try and be thankful for the ones when their is clarity and blow away those that are foggy.

    Praying for more bright days and less haze.

    Love to you~

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a good and renewing respite. I'm going to back up and catch up on your blog - again! I'm still running behind on getting caught up with my ordinary American existence!

    I love your mom telling you she loves you. She's still in there, even if only a small amount at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Karen, I'm so glad your mom said those special words to you ... "I love you".

    You're such a wonderful daughter/mother/caretaker, I'm so happy you had some days of rest and relaxation. You should do this again sometime, now that you know that hospice is there for you and your mom.

    Love,
    Dolores

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so glad to hear her good words. I am used to the bad ones and the good ones shock me. She know she was at home. Which made me happy.
    Everything is back to normal today. She is sleeping. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and I love reading your comments. Please come back soon. Karen

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

Seven Stages of Alzheimer's

1. No sign of congnitive impairment. 2. Very mild congnitive decline. 3. Mild congnitive decline. 4. Moderate congnitive decline. 5. Moderately severe congnitive decline. 6. Severe congnitive decline. 7. Very severe congnitive decline. (Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)

Popular Posts