There are 5.4 million people who have Alzheimer's. It cost 183 billion dollars in annual costs. Alz's is the 6th leading cause of death.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. Concentrate on this sentence... 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
WE LOVE HIM BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED US
1 John 4: 9-10

Mom and Dad Happy Times.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Brain Cells Come and Go



I found this picture on another blog. She gave me permission to use it. I thought it fit our life. Except that Mom's brain cells don't come and go they leave and never come back. But my fat cells sure do live forever.

I wonder about the teenagers and adults out there in this big world smoking pot and drinking. They lose so many brain cells every time they take a puff off that joint or get drunk. To them it is just having a good time. And they are healthy there brain is always learning and renewing it's self . But mom's just dies a little more everyday. Do you think if they could spend a day with mom or go to a home full of people with Alzheimer's if they would think twice before taking that next drink or smoking that next joint. The people living with Alz's. did not have a choice . They are handed this disease and no one ask them if they wanted it. But you have a choice say No to drugs . One day you might not be able to say No. But now you can. Just say No.

5 comments:

  1. Powerful Post.

    I don't smoke or drink and I never have. My father was never a drug user but in his youth he did drink and smoke cigs. Years later he told me that of all the STUPID THINGS he'd ever done the stupidest of the stupid was putting unhealthy things into his body and thinking there was no risk.

    My father showed many signs of Dementia from as far back as I remember. Even in his mid to late 40's. He was showing early signs of ALZ when he was in his late 50's... When he was about 69 (he's 79 now) he accused me of breaking into his home and taking a picture off his wall (I'd had the photo for many years...a gift from him). I was devastated but none of us realized even then that he had ALZ. We only thought he was "getting older" and forgetting things.

    One of my most impassioned prayers is that disease bypasses my husband and I. I don't ever want my children to bear witness to the sorrow my own family has carried for so long now!

    Hugs to you~

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray everyday also that Alz's. passes up me and the rest of the family.
    I have never abused drugs or alcohol but have been around many people who have. And I have seen what it can do. Mom and Dad smoked before I was born but stopped later in life. And I was child #4 so I missed all that. But I married into it and That is my one big mistake. I got out just in time. And my baby boy was never around it . That he can remember anyway. Thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad to say I don't think they would stop smoking or drinking. Young people think they are indestructible.
    I've never smoked but I do like my Guinness once in a while. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brain cells go rather than come and go. They say 10,000 brain cells go when a person gets drunk.

    Then it is so unwise for anyone under 25 to drink heavily when their brain cells are developing and when they can rapidly develop dependence.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a margirita for the first time since my son was born While our company from out of town was here. I think God my son is not a drinker. I have never took a drink in front of him and I think it would be hard now and he is 19. But I got him away from his dad who smoked pot and drank so I guess I was trying to make a statement by not drinking myself. But I really never drank anyway. So it was not hard.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and I love reading your comments. Please come back soon. Karen

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

Seven Stages of Alzheimer's

1. No sign of congnitive impairment. 2. Very mild congnitive decline. 3. Mild congnitive decline. 4. Moderate congnitive decline. 5. Moderately severe congnitive decline. 6. Severe congnitive decline. 7. Very severe congnitive decline. (Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)

Popular Posts