I tried to get mom to share my TV dinner for lunch but no way Jose.
So I started digging around looking for something to feed her and I found 4 cans of Tomato Soup which is for my son's grilled cheese sandwich dinners. Mom has never liked tomato soup she always eats Chicken Noodle or Cream Of Chicken with her Grilled Cheese sandwich's. Anyway I made some and she ate it. I put some crackers in it and she ate half a bowl with no trouble at all . Heeaw!! Life is good.
Friday, October 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.
Seven Stages of Alzheimer's
1. No sign of congnitive impairment.
2. Very mild congnitive decline.
3. Mild congnitive decline.
4. Moderate congnitive decline.
5. Moderately severe congnitive decline.
6. Severe congnitive decline.
7. Very severe congnitive decline.
(Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)
Popular Posts
-
Mom has not changed a lot in the last few months till this last week. Her new thing now is not opening her eyes. She will go most of the day...
-
My friend G. A. died a few days ago. She slipped on some ice hit her head and never recovered. I have not seen her in years. She moved to Da...
-
Well spring as sprung. It is in the high 70's . I have the windows open and a nice breeze is blowing through the house. It is very nice....
-
Over the weekend I pulled up my mom's old green shag carpet. I knew there were hardwood floors underneath but did not know the shape t...
-
Mom is eating very well these days. She has went through so many different eating stages. When she still could and would feed herself all sh...
-
Alzheimer's Association Another new fact: In 2012, 15.4 million family & friends provided 17.5 billion hours of unpaid care. ...
-
I wonder why my mom has to live like this? Not really living just existing. Last night my best friends dad died.He was a wonderful man and h...
-
No dollar for us but at least another day. Mom is sleeping. I could of slept late this morning but my cat wanted out and bugged me till I go...
-
I tried something new for supper. We had cream of chicken soup and I put some instant potato flakes in mom's to make it thicker and more...
-
I just finished the wonderful book my blogger friend Carol sent me . It is great! You have to get one. Getting Off The Niceness Treadmill is...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(76)
-
▼
October
(18)
- Time To Wake Up.
- Milkshake's and Smoothie's
- Changes
- Animal Crackers
- Coconut Oil and Alzheimers
- Potatoe Flakes
- Windy Monday
- Waiting For Company To Arrive.
- Busy Weekend Coming.
- Blog Action Day!
- Oral Care
- Rainy Friday
- Drive-in
- Hospice & Caregiving Blog
- Chilly Monday
- Tomato Soup
- Sunny Friday
- Two Bags of Chips and a 2 liter of Cherry Dr Pepper
-
▼
October
(18)
Blogs and sites I like to visit.
- Alz's Team
- Alzheimer's Association
- Alzheimer's info
- alzheimersinthehouse.blogspot.com
- astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
- carer,worker,mother ,wife
- Dealing With Alz's
- Dementia and Alzheimer's weekly
- diaryofacarer.blogspot.com
- Donna's Den
- God,mom,Alzheimers and me
- Had A Dad
- http://50somethinginfo.blogspot.com/
- http://agingcare.com
- http://alzheimersadvocacy.com/
- http://amountaintoohigh.com
- http://backdoorlogic.blogspot.com
- http://caring.com/
- http://citygirltalks.blogspot.com/
- http://conniesclassicclips.blogspot.com
- http://freebies4mom.blogspot.com
- http://kimshappyhome.blogspot.com
- http://lifeisgood-smile.blogspot.com/
- http://livebold-helen.blogspot.com
- http://mandatorybloghere9.blogspot.com/
- http://movingforwardwithalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://ourjourneythroughalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://plantcityladyandfriends.blogspot.com/
- http://sherizeee.blogspot.com/
- http://shop4freebies.com
- http://stapjeterug.blogspot.com/
- http://suzysbloomers.blogspot.com/
- http://themomandmejournalsdotnet.net/2009/11/over-last-two-weeks.html
- http://www.alz.org/news_and_events_16202.asp
- http://www.angelfoodministries.com
- Living with Alzheimer's
- My Life As A Daughter
- That Old House
- the trip over
- www.ecarediary.com

Our computer is down, I'm using one at the library right now. Your going to cause me to go home and eat.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless America, God Save The Republic.
Glad to hear your mom ate!!
ReplyDeleteI love grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup!!
Oh Karen, you've made me hungry! Grilled cheese and tomato soup are comfort foods for me, and I love them (cheap too), which makes it even better.
ReplyDeleteHi Karen,
ReplyDeleteI'm behind on some of my blog reading over the last 2 days. I'll catch up tomorrow...I see you've had several posts I haven't read yet. I hope all is well. Boy - When you're taking care of someone as intensely as you are, little things mean a lot! Go tomato soup! I'll be in touch -
Sometimes the tongue wants what it wants! LOL Plus the Alz---senses can diminish and her brain may search for a food memory, "Do I like that? Is that real food? I feel no hunger." Happy to hear something made it to stomach. They serve tomato soup and grilled cheese about once a week in my home. I love it. My mom has been eating well, no issues yet.
ReplyDeleteGrilled cheese and tom. soup is one of my son's favorite's too. I am going to try some more new stuff on her when I go shopping. I hope none of your love ones goes though this eating thing. It is hard. Good luck to all and Thanks.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you were able to find something that your mom would eat. I know that can be a challenge to get them to eat. I used to always be trying to get my mom to eat healthy foods, but now I am just glad when she will eat anything.
ReplyDeleteThank goodness for Tomato soup! I hope she eats it the next time, too. Like our little ones, she may not like it the next time. You are in my thoughts & prayers.
ReplyDeleteBeckie in Brentwood, TN
thanks . I went shoping and got a varity of soup going to try them out. I want her to get protein so I tried to get some with meat in it.
ReplyDelete