I found this online . What do you all think? I might buy some and see if I like it. Couldn't hurt. Mom is to far gone I think for it to help. But what the heck. We will try it anyway.
http://coconutdiet.com/alzheimers.htm?s=yh
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.
Seven Stages of Alzheimer's
1. No sign of congnitive impairment.
2. Very mild congnitive decline.
3. Mild congnitive decline.
4. Moderate congnitive decline.
5. Moderately severe congnitive decline.
6. Severe congnitive decline.
7. Very severe congnitive decline.
(Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)
Popular Posts
-
Alzheimer's Association Another new fact: In 2012, 15.4 million family & friends provided 17.5 billion hours of unpaid care. ...
-
As long as I can remember mom always had a curly perm. Than when in the early stages of Alz's. she started refusing to even get it cut....
-
Well spring as sprung. It is in the high 70's . I have the windows open and a nice breeze is blowing through the house. It is very nice....
-
No dollar for us but at least another day. Mom is sleeping. I could of slept late this morning but my cat wanted out and bugged me till I go...
-
I have been buying the cheap version of Ensure for years for mom and when I am out I have been giving her what ever I have in the cabinet. I...
-
Mom has not changed a lot in the last few months till this last week. Her new thing now is not opening her eyes. She will go most of the day...
-
Over the weekend I pulled up my mom's old green shag carpet. I knew there were hardwood floors underneath but did not know the shape t...
-
Mom is 83 today. My sister fed her lemon cake which is her favorite last night after supper. She ate most of it. Last year I don't think...
-
My friend G. A. died a few days ago. She slipped on some ice hit her head and never recovered. I have not seen her in years. She moved to Da...
-
Greatest man in History, named Jesus, had no servants, yet they called Him Master. Had no degree, yet they called Him Teacher. Had no medici...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(76)
-
▼
October
(18)
- Time To Wake Up.
- Milkshake's and Smoothie's
- Changes
- Animal Crackers
- Coconut Oil and Alzheimers
- Potatoe Flakes
- Windy Monday
- Waiting For Company To Arrive.
- Busy Weekend Coming.
- Blog Action Day!
- Oral Care
- Rainy Friday
- Drive-in
- Hospice & Caregiving Blog
- Chilly Monday
- Tomato Soup
- Sunny Friday
- Two Bags of Chips and a 2 liter of Cherry Dr Pepper
-
▼
October
(18)
Blogs and sites I like to visit.
- Alz's Team
- Alzheimer's Association
- Alzheimer's info
- alzheimersinthehouse.blogspot.com
- astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
- carer,worker,mother ,wife
- Dealing With Alz's
- Dementia and Alzheimer's weekly
- diaryofacarer.blogspot.com
- Donna's Den
- God,mom,Alzheimers and me
- Had A Dad
- http://50somethinginfo.blogspot.com/
- http://agingcare.com
- http://alzheimersadvocacy.com/
- http://amountaintoohigh.com
- http://backdoorlogic.blogspot.com
- http://caring.com/
- http://citygirltalks.blogspot.com/
- http://conniesclassicclips.blogspot.com
- http://freebies4mom.blogspot.com
- http://kimshappyhome.blogspot.com
- http://lifeisgood-smile.blogspot.com/
- http://livebold-helen.blogspot.com
- http://mandatorybloghere9.blogspot.com/
- http://movingforwardwithalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://ourjourneythroughalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://plantcityladyandfriends.blogspot.com/
- http://sherizeee.blogspot.com/
- http://shop4freebies.com
- http://stapjeterug.blogspot.com/
- http://suzysbloomers.blogspot.com/
- http://themomandmejournalsdotnet.net/2009/11/over-last-two-weeks.html
- http://www.alz.org/news_and_events_16202.asp
- http://www.angelfoodministries.com
- Living with Alzheimer's
- My Life As A Daughter
- That Old House
- the trip over
- www.ecarediary.com

What the heck...at least it'll be healthy if nothing else.
ReplyDeleteHi Karen,
ReplyDeleteA couple of post back on my blog, I mentioned David's neurologist prescribing Axona.......Axona is made from coconut oil. David's taken a packet of it each morning, mixed with water, with his breakfast.
I'm with you..... what can it hurt...and I'm sure what your looking at is cheaper than the prescription.
Good luck...
Dolores
Thats really impressive. I would try it- what could it hurt? :)
ReplyDeleteI am going to look for some today. Thanks guys.
ReplyDeleteHi Karen :)
ReplyDeleteI say go for it! If nothing else it's good for her :)
Thank you for always being so sweet to me...
rue
Your welcome Rue . It is very easy being sweet to a sweet person.
ReplyDeleteI have a blog called: AreUmymother.blogspot.com where i journal about caring for my mother-in-law. Honestly, I try to take it a day a time but do get concerned about the physical decline that threatens. Thanks for your hints. You are brave
ReplyDelete