Monday, August 31, 2009
bed time for mom down time for me
I just got mom to bed . It's a job but I am so relieved after I get her to bed. I can get online or watch TV for awhile and then hit the hay myself. Even knowing I have to get up in two hours to change and turn her so she won't get those nasty bed sores I am still so happy to get to rest awhile and be by myself. I have found that changing her is easier when you don't put a diaper on her . Just lay a pad or two under her . You can use baby diapers to put under her . I use three small ones . The top one is usually the only one to get wet so I reuse the other two.They are cheaper and you can 92 wal-mart brand for around $17.00. They might be cheaper at Sams but I have not checked.That way her bottom can get air and all you have to do is remove it clean her and put lots of Vaseline or what ever you use to keep the moisture off her bottom and than turn her and put fresh pads under her. Make sure you have a under pad on the bed to protect the bed from getting wet. It is a pain to change sheets in the middle of the night. You can get cloth ones that you can wash and use over or Sam's has over 100 throw away ones for around $20.00. I use both. Depends on what I am using them for. I have the cloth ones in her wheelchair and her easy chair. She also has a nice soft pad on her bed which helps keep those bed sores away. I hate bed sores. Good night. I am going to watch the CMT special on TV.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.
Seven Stages of Alzheimer's
1. No sign of congnitive impairment.
2. Very mild congnitive decline.
3. Mild congnitive decline.
4. Moderate congnitive decline.
5. Moderately severe congnitive decline.
6. Severe congnitive decline.
7. Very severe congnitive decline.
(Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)
Popular Posts
-
Mom has not changed a lot in the last few months till this last week. Her new thing now is not opening her eyes. She will go most of the day...
-
Alzheimer's Association Another new fact: In 2012, 15.4 million family & friends provided 17.5 billion hours of unpaid care. ...
-
Well spring as sprung. It is in the high 70's . I have the windows open and a nice breeze is blowing through the house. It is very nice....
-
No dollar for us but at least another day. Mom is sleeping. I could of slept late this morning but my cat wanted out and bugged me till I go...
-
My friend G. A. died a few days ago. She slipped on some ice hit her head and never recovered. I have not seen her in years. She moved to Da...
-
Over the weekend I pulled up my mom's old green shag carpet. I knew there were hardwood floors underneath but did not know the shape t...
-
Mom is 83 today. My sister fed her lemon cake which is her favorite last night after supper. She ate most of it. Last year I don't think...
-
I just finished the wonderful book my blogger friend Carol sent me . It is great! You have to get one. Getting Off The Niceness Treadmill is...
-
http://act.alz.org/site/TR/Walk2014/AR-Arkansas?pg=team&fr_id=4921&team_id=207982 Guess what time of year it is! Alzheimer's W...
-
Hi All My Blogger Friends. It has been awhile since my last post. Just got back from this years Alzheimer's Walk. Another great one. ...
Blogs and sites I like to visit.
- Alz's Team
- Alzheimer's Association
- Alzheimer's info
- alzheimersinthehouse.blogspot.com
- astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
- carer,worker,mother ,wife
- Dealing With Alz's
- Dementia and Alzheimer's weekly
- diaryofacarer.blogspot.com
- Donna's Den
- God,mom,Alzheimers and me
- Had A Dad
- http://50somethinginfo.blogspot.com/
- http://agingcare.com
- http://alzheimersadvocacy.com/
- http://amountaintoohigh.com
- http://backdoorlogic.blogspot.com
- http://caring.com/
- http://citygirltalks.blogspot.com/
- http://conniesclassicclips.blogspot.com
- http://freebies4mom.blogspot.com
- http://kimshappyhome.blogspot.com
- http://lifeisgood-smile.blogspot.com/
- http://livebold-helen.blogspot.com
- http://mandatorybloghere9.blogspot.com/
- http://movingforwardwithalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://ourjourneythroughalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://plantcityladyandfriends.blogspot.com/
- http://sherizeee.blogspot.com/
- http://shop4freebies.com
- http://stapjeterug.blogspot.com/
- http://suzysbloomers.blogspot.com/
- http://themomandmejournalsdotnet.net/2009/11/over-last-two-weeks.html
- http://www.alz.org/news_and_events_16202.asp
- http://www.angelfoodministries.com
- Living with Alzheimer's
- My Life As A Daughter
- That Old House
- the trip over
- www.ecarediary.com

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting my blog and I love reading your comments. Please come back soon. Karen