There are 5.4 million people who have Alzheimer's. It cost 183 billion dollars in annual costs. Alz's is the 6th leading cause of death.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. Concentrate on this sentence... 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
WE LOVE HIM BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED US
1 John 4: 9-10

Mom and Dad Happy Times.

Monday, August 31, 2009

thank god for hospice

This is my first blog so bare with me.
I have been caring for my mom who as Alzheimer's full time now for over two yrs.
First I went from full time work to part time work to no work at all. Needless to say money started getting short. We ended up living only on her s.s. check after all my resources ran out. No money at the end of the month after medicine, adult diapers , bills and everything esle needed to care for a patient with this nasty disease. Even with no money we still had to many resources for DHS to sign us up for elder choices or medi-cad. I now understand why poor people stay poor. They don't make enough money to feed there family but make to much for help. And the ones that don't work don't work so they won't lose there help. You can't win.
Thank God we have the resources we have we just can't tell that we have to many to be able to get help.Anyway I always thought Hospice was for end of life.
My cousin Nancy told me I had to make moms Doctor call Hospice. I think the Doctor's holds out as long as they can before telling you that you can get Hospice. Any way I called moms doc. and ask if mom could get Hospice and sure enough it worked. I was so mad that moms doctor did not tell me before . It would of saved so much of our lives. Hospice pays for med., adult diapers and all the other things needed for someone with Alzheimer's. A nurse comes over twice a week to check her out and an aid twice a week to give her a bath. We are saved . I now have money at the end of the month.If you need help caring for your loved one call DHS and ask about elder choices.
Now that we have Hospice coming it is so much better for mom.No trips to the Doc. Not as much stress. Thank the Lord and Thanks Hospice. Oh! and thanks Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and I love reading your comments. Please come back soon. Karen

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

Seven Stages of Alzheimer's

1. No sign of congnitive impairment. 2. Very mild congnitive decline. 3. Mild congnitive decline. 4. Moderate congnitive decline. 5. Moderately severe congnitive decline. 6. Severe congnitive decline. 7. Very severe congnitive decline. (Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)

Popular Posts