We just finished supper. It is so hard to get mom to eat. But remember seniors need protein. I fed her instant oatmeal with peanut butter. It is good I have tried it. You make the oatmeal according to the directions than add a spoonful of peanut butter. She loves anything sweet so I made brown sugar and cinnamon oatmeal. Protein helps keep the skin from breaking done. I am not going to let mom get any pressure sores.
Pressure sores are from sitting or laying on the same spot to long. So you got to keep her moving.And don't forget the protein. I use lots of beans . Any kind of beans has protein. She has no teeth anymore so it is soft food for her. If you want you can get baby food. But that can cost a lot of money. The blender does a great job on meat. But I am lazy and beans ,peanut butter and cheese is cheaper. Mac and cheese is one of moms favorites. Don't forget the eggs. They are all protein I think. Some days mom gets eggs three times a day. I also give her milk when I can't afford nutrition drinks. Can't beat milk products and eggs. Yogurt also helps with diaper rash. The live cultures kill the bacteria on the bottom. Now if I could only get her to eat her veggies.
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.
Seven Stages of Alzheimer's
1. No sign of congnitive impairment.
2. Very mild congnitive decline.
3. Mild congnitive decline.
4. Moderate congnitive decline.
5. Moderately severe congnitive decline.
6. Severe congnitive decline.
7. Very severe congnitive decline.
(Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)
Popular Posts
-
Alzheimer's Association Another new fact: In 2012, 15.4 million family & friends provided 17.5 billion hours of unpaid care. ...
-
As long as I can remember mom always had a curly perm. Than when in the early stages of Alz's. she started refusing to even get it cut....
-
Well spring as sprung. It is in the high 70's . I have the windows open and a nice breeze is blowing through the house. It is very nice....
-
No dollar for us but at least another day. Mom is sleeping. I could of slept late this morning but my cat wanted out and bugged me till I go...
-
I have been buying the cheap version of Ensure for years for mom and when I am out I have been giving her what ever I have in the cabinet. I...
-
Mom has not changed a lot in the last few months till this last week. Her new thing now is not opening her eyes. She will go most of the day...
-
Over the weekend I pulled up my mom's old green shag carpet. I knew there were hardwood floors underneath but did not know the shape t...
-
Mom is 83 today. My sister fed her lemon cake which is her favorite last night after supper. She ate most of it. Last year I don't think...
-
Greatest man in History, named Jesus, had no servants, yet they called Him Master. Had no degree, yet they called Him Teacher. Had no medici...
-
Hello everyone . I finally have my internet back. It has been a busy few months. Got a job, quit it , got a new job , broke up with my boyfr...
Blogs and sites I like to visit.
- Alz's Team
- Alzheimer's Association
- Alzheimer's info
- alzheimersinthehouse.blogspot.com
- astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
- carer,worker,mother ,wife
- Dealing With Alz's
- Dementia and Alzheimer's weekly
- diaryofacarer.blogspot.com
- Donna's Den
- God,mom,Alzheimers and me
- Had A Dad
- http://50somethinginfo.blogspot.com/
- http://agingcare.com
- http://alzheimersadvocacy.com/
- http://amountaintoohigh.com
- http://backdoorlogic.blogspot.com
- http://caring.com/
- http://citygirltalks.blogspot.com/
- http://conniesclassicclips.blogspot.com
- http://freebies4mom.blogspot.com
- http://kimshappyhome.blogspot.com
- http://lifeisgood-smile.blogspot.com/
- http://livebold-helen.blogspot.com
- http://mandatorybloghere9.blogspot.com/
- http://movingforwardwithalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://ourjourneythroughalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://plantcityladyandfriends.blogspot.com/
- http://sherizeee.blogspot.com/
- http://shop4freebies.com
- http://stapjeterug.blogspot.com/
- http://suzysbloomers.blogspot.com/
- http://themomandmejournalsdotnet.net/2009/11/over-last-two-weeks.html
- http://www.alz.org/news_and_events_16202.asp
- http://www.angelfoodministries.com
- Living with Alzheimer's
- My Life As A Daughter
- That Old House
- the trip over
- www.ecarediary.com

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting my blog and I love reading your comments. Please come back soon. Karen