There are 5.4 million people who have Alzheimer's. It cost 183 billion dollars in annual costs. Alz's is the 6th leading cause of death.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. Concentrate on this sentence... 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
WE LOVE HIM BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED US
1 John 4: 9-10

Mom and Dad Happy Times.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!

Happy Mothers to all. My son is in Tulsa Okla. He took his girlfriend to a concert for her birthday. But he spent the day with me yesterday. His girlfriend came over early and brought the fixings for homemade blueberry pancakes. So if I had of stayed in bed a little later might of had breakfast in bed. But I got up just in time for the pancakes to be put on the table.
They were great. Than we went to the spring War Eagle Arts and Crafts fair.There is a big fair in the fall and a small one in the spring. This is the first time I have been to the small one. It was nice. The big one brings in thousands of people. I can live without that. But I have been there many times. After the fair we came home and he made lunch on the grill and homemade fudge for dessert. I had a nice early moms day.
Mom had her same old oatmeal and yogart for her moms day feast. But she seemed enjoyed it.

My sister stayed with mom yesterday and came over today to feed her lunch and help put her down for a nap . Which is not normal for the weekend. Most weekends it's just me and mom. She wanted to be with us on moms day I guess.
While mom was napping my sister and I went hunting out in the shed. Her granddaughter is in need of a dining room table and mom and dad kept everything . So we went to digging and found two old dining tables, two coffee table's , a desk and a baby bassinet. Don't know who's baby that bassinet belonged to but it is nice. I remember the rest of the stuff or seen it in pictures.There is a wood stove out there but I knew it was there. Dad used to have it in the living room. I remember warming my bottom by it many times. Nothing better than a nice warm fire on a cold morning. The rest of the stuff was a surprise. It is fun finding old stuff but a little dusty. Hope all had a nice day.

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful that you had this family time with your son and with your sister. Did your mom have any idea what day it was?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great Mother's Day for you. How fun to be able to have a shed out back to be able to go and find old pieces of furniture that can be passed down to family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you had a nice Mother's Day. How sweet of your son's girlfriend to make blueberry pancakes. Your shed sounds like a fun place :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if mom knew it was moms day. We told her happy mothers day a few times but no reply. That does not mean she did not hear us. And the shed is fun but lots of spiders and dust. That is not so fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your son and girlfriend are so sweet and thoughtful! Sometimes young people can be a bit selfish..... I'm so glad they appreciate you, and that you had a good weekend!

    Your shed sounds like it would be a fun place to look around, and especially when you have your memories to go with it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great day for you - I'd love to look around in your shed - it's fun finding family treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great day for you - I'd love to check out your shed of family treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SORRY I AM LATE,, i AM GLAD YORU SISTER CAME FOR TEH DAY... i love old stuff dust and all!!!!! hAVE A GREAT REST OF THE WEEK I hate caps lock,,,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a great Mom's Day!
    Don't you love digging through...finding stuff you forgot you had!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone. I think it is time for a garage sale. After my sister and her granddaughter take everything they want the shed will be clean and than onto the garage.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of you!!!! Are you OK? Long time no post! :(

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm ok Rebecca just been busy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and I love reading your comments. Please come back soon. Karen

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

Seven Stages of Alzheimer's

1. No sign of congnitive impairment. 2. Very mild congnitive decline. 3. Mild congnitive decline. 4. Moderate congnitive decline. 5. Moderately severe congnitive decline. 6. Severe congnitive decline. 7. Very severe congnitive decline. (Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)

Popular Posts