Hi, How is everyone? I need to post the next ten of the 101 ways to spend time with a person with Alz's from the list I got from the Alz's walk . I am sorry it has been so long. I am busy with work , boyfriend and trying to make time for family. As you know my son is getting married in May and he just Graduated from College in Dec. Now he is looking for a job in Civil Engineering here . He does not want to move away.
Anyway all good. I still pray for mom every night. Than remember she is not here. I guess it is an auto pray. That is not good. I need to change it up and really talk to God. I do when I have things I need to talk about but when all is good it is the same old thing. Sorry Lord. And thanks for good times.
21.Cut pictures out of greeting cards or magazines. I do this after every Christmas . Cards anyway. I use the verses and pictures for name tags on gifts next Christmas.
22. Play Dominoes. One of my clients I work with now loves to play cards and do puzzles. I brought her home with me once so her mom could have respite and we forgot her cards and puzzles . I pulled out the dominoes. She played on them till bedtime.
23.Ask the person about his or her favorite childhood books or cartoon characters. Share yours too. Mom only watched her Soaps . While I was growing up nothing got done during her Soaps.
24.Bake homemade bread.
25.Sort objects by shape and color
26.Sing old songs.
27.Invite the person to tell you more when he or she talks about a memory
28.Put silverware away
29.Make a valentine Card. Happy Valentines Day Everyone!
30.Play favorite songs
31.Ask the person about his or her brothers or sisters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.
Seven Stages of Alzheimer's
1. No sign of congnitive impairment.
2. Very mild congnitive decline.
3. Mild congnitive decline.
4. Moderate congnitive decline.
5. Moderately severe congnitive decline.
6. Severe congnitive decline.
7. Very severe congnitive decline.
(Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)
Popular Posts
-
My friend G. A. died a few days ago. She slipped on some ice hit her head and never recovered. I have not seen her in years. She moved to Da...
-
Mom has not changed a lot in the last few months till this last week. Her new thing now is not opening her eyes. She will go most of the day...
-
Well spring as sprung. It is in the high 70's . I have the windows open and a nice breeze is blowing through the house. It is very nice....
-
Mom is eating very well these days. She has went through so many different eating stages. When she still could and would feed herself all sh...
-
Hi, How is everyone? It has been way over a year since I started posting these so I am going to finish today. They are from www.alz.org/liv...
-
NAPA Becomes Law Dear Bloggers , Following the unanimous approval of Congress earlier this month, and the thousands of e-mails and messa...
-
Alzheimer's Association Another new fact: In 2012, 15.4 million family & friends provided 17.5 billion hours of unpaid care. ...
-
Over the weekend I pulled up my mom's old green shag carpet. I knew there were hardwood floors underneath but did not know the shape t...
-
I wonder why my mom has to live like this? Not really living just existing. Last night my best friends dad died.He was a wonderful man and h...
-
While I was doing dishes this morning mom yelled " Karen I lost my nose". You did I said. And she ask me to come help. I found her...
Blogs and sites I like to visit.
- Alz's Team
- Alzheimer's Association
- Alzheimer's info
- alzheimersinthehouse.blogspot.com
- astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
- carer,worker,mother ,wife
- Dealing With Alz's
- Dementia and Alzheimer's weekly
- diaryofacarer.blogspot.com
- Donna's Den
- God,mom,Alzheimers and me
- Had A Dad
- http://50somethinginfo.blogspot.com/
- http://agingcare.com
- http://alzheimersadvocacy.com/
- http://amountaintoohigh.com
- http://backdoorlogic.blogspot.com
- http://caring.com/
- http://citygirltalks.blogspot.com/
- http://conniesclassicclips.blogspot.com
- http://freebies4mom.blogspot.com
- http://kimshappyhome.blogspot.com
- http://lifeisgood-smile.blogspot.com/
- http://livebold-helen.blogspot.com
- http://mandatorybloghere9.blogspot.com/
- http://movingforwardwithalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://ourjourneythroughalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://plantcityladyandfriends.blogspot.com/
- http://sherizeee.blogspot.com/
- http://shop4freebies.com
- http://stapjeterug.blogspot.com/
- http://suzysbloomers.blogspot.com/
- http://themomandmejournalsdotnet.net/2009/11/over-last-two-weeks.html
- http://www.alz.org/news_and_events_16202.asp
- http://www.angelfoodministries.com
- Living with Alzheimer's
- My Life As A Daughter
- That Old House
- the trip over
- www.ecarediary.com

Happy Valentines Day to you, Karen. Good list.
ReplyDeleteHubby would not do some of these with me, but he does do some of these at our Plant City Senior Center.
Hugs,
Carol
Mom would not do any of almost all the 101 things to do. She might of earlier in but I was working than and did not know . By the time I became her full time caregiver she was kind of past all these.
ReplyDelete