11:26 pm and I can't sleep. Mom is sleeping so sweetly. Her UTI is so much better. And she has been happy and talking a lot. Can't make out all she says but she is sure talking to someone about something and smiling while doing it.
I turned her and changed her around 9:30 and just peeked in at her and she looked so comfy. I will need to turn and change her again soon. And than hopefully I will be sleepy.
Usually I have nothing to do except care for mom and wait on the aid or nurse to come visit her but tomorrow I have two Doctor's appointments and I can't sleep . Isn't that the way it always turns out? I did not drink a late Cherry Dr Pepper either so it must just be nerves. Since caring for mom my old body is giving out. I have a naval hernia so have to get an ultra sound and see whats going on with that and it is time for my yearly Mammogram. Not sure how they got set for the same day but I guess it works out good . They will be over with all in one day. And they are close to the mall so in between appointments I believe a visit to the mall is in order don't you? Maybe lunch. My sister will wonder what has happened to me.
Time to go bug mom again. I bet she won't be happy. Have a great evening.
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.
Seven Stages of Alzheimer's
1. No sign of congnitive impairment.
2. Very mild congnitive decline.
3. Mild congnitive decline.
4. Moderate congnitive decline.
5. Moderately severe congnitive decline.
6. Severe congnitive decline.
7. Very severe congnitive decline.
(Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)
Popular Posts
-
Mom has not changed a lot in the last few months till this last week. Her new thing now is not opening her eyes. She will go most of the day...
-
Alzheimer's Association Another new fact: In 2012, 15.4 million family & friends provided 17.5 billion hours of unpaid care. ...
-
Well spring as sprung. It is in the high 70's . I have the windows open and a nice breeze is blowing through the house. It is very nice....
-
No dollar for us but at least another day. Mom is sleeping. I could of slept late this morning but my cat wanted out and bugged me till I go...
-
My friend G. A. died a few days ago. She slipped on some ice hit her head and never recovered. I have not seen her in years. She moved to Da...
-
Over the weekend I pulled up my mom's old green shag carpet. I knew there were hardwood floors underneath but did not know the shape t...
-
Mom is 83 today. My sister fed her lemon cake which is her favorite last night after supper. She ate most of it. Last year I don't think...
-
I just finished the wonderful book my blogger friend Carol sent me . It is great! You have to get one. Getting Off The Niceness Treadmill is...
-
http://act.alz.org/site/TR/Walk2014/AR-Arkansas?pg=team&fr_id=4921&team_id=207982 Guess what time of year it is! Alzheimer's W...
-
Hi All My Blogger Friends. It has been awhile since my last post. Just got back from this years Alzheimer's Walk. Another great one. ...
Blogs and sites I like to visit.
- Alz's Team
- Alzheimer's Association
- Alzheimer's info
- alzheimersinthehouse.blogspot.com
- astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
- carer,worker,mother ,wife
- Dealing With Alz's
- Dementia and Alzheimer's weekly
- diaryofacarer.blogspot.com
- Donna's Den
- God,mom,Alzheimers and me
- Had A Dad
- http://50somethinginfo.blogspot.com/
- http://agingcare.com
- http://alzheimersadvocacy.com/
- http://amountaintoohigh.com
- http://backdoorlogic.blogspot.com
- http://caring.com/
- http://citygirltalks.blogspot.com/
- http://conniesclassicclips.blogspot.com
- http://freebies4mom.blogspot.com
- http://kimshappyhome.blogspot.com
- http://lifeisgood-smile.blogspot.com/
- http://livebold-helen.blogspot.com
- http://mandatorybloghere9.blogspot.com/
- http://movingforwardwithalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://ourjourneythroughalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://plantcityladyandfriends.blogspot.com/
- http://sherizeee.blogspot.com/
- http://shop4freebies.com
- http://stapjeterug.blogspot.com/
- http://suzysbloomers.blogspot.com/
- http://themomandmejournalsdotnet.net/2009/11/over-last-two-weeks.html
- http://www.alz.org/news_and_events_16202.asp
- http://www.angelfoodministries.com
- Living with Alzheimer's
- My Life As A Daughter
- That Old House
- the trip over
- www.ecarediary.com

Take care of yourselve Karen!
ReplyDeleteHope your appointments went well today AND you had some free time to escape before returning home. I can only imagine how tied down you feel at times. God has given you the gift of patience to be able to care for your mom. I hope one day your family will recognize what you have been able to give your mom and them.
ReplyDeleteBeckie
Oh Karen..... don't we hate it when we want to sleep and we can't. That happens to me more nights than I'd like to admit.
ReplyDeleteI'd say it's good your getting your doctor appointments over with all in one day.
It's so good to hear that your mom is having happy conversations with herself.
Take care, and I hope your appt's. go well.
Karen, I'm so sorry our mom has been ill. I hope by now she's feeling better and that you're back to getting a little bit more sleep. Stay strong. My prayers are with you.
ReplyDelete