Petroleum jelly is a very important tool in my line of work. We go through many jars a month to keep mom from getting diaper rash. At Wal-mart I found out that if you buy the store brand petroleum jelly in the large container in the pharmacy dept. It is cheaper than the same brand that is in the baby needs section of the Health and Beauty Aids dept. The lids are a different color but they are still the store brand and same size jar.I can't remember how much cheaper. I keep forgetting to write it down so I can tell everyone. Around 5 cents I think. And don't go to the baby department they just have little jars. Seems like having Petroleum jelly in 3 differant places is a bit much. I guess that is the way they make there money. It is the same with baby wipes or handy wipes. They have them all over the place. I have not checked to see which is cheaper. The health and beauty aids dept. have lots more to pick from and in bigger packages. So my bet is on the health and beauty aids dept. being cheaper than the others. And baby wipes are cheaper than the adult wipes. Bad thing is the sheets are so much smaller but they still work.
Did I mention that it is 6 a.m. I should be in bed. Could not sleep. Everyone else is a sleep except the birds. They are singing so I think this is going to be a nice spring day.
If you don't see your comments I have been accidently deleteing before they got published or something sorry. I be dumb.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.
Seven Stages of Alzheimer's
1. No sign of congnitive impairment.
2. Very mild congnitive decline.
3. Mild congnitive decline.
4. Moderate congnitive decline.
5. Moderately severe congnitive decline.
6. Severe congnitive decline.
7. Very severe congnitive decline.
(Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)
Popular Posts
-
Mom has not changed a lot in the last few months till this last week. Her new thing now is not opening her eyes. She will go most of the day...
-
Alzheimer's Association Another new fact: In 2012, 15.4 million family & friends provided 17.5 billion hours of unpaid care. ...
-
Well spring as sprung. It is in the high 70's . I have the windows open and a nice breeze is blowing through the house. It is very nice....
-
No dollar for us but at least another day. Mom is sleeping. I could of slept late this morning but my cat wanted out and bugged me till I go...
-
My friend G. A. died a few days ago. She slipped on some ice hit her head and never recovered. I have not seen her in years. She moved to Da...
-
Over the weekend I pulled up my mom's old green shag carpet. I knew there were hardwood floors underneath but did not know the shape t...
-
Mom is 83 today. My sister fed her lemon cake which is her favorite last night after supper. She ate most of it. Last year I don't think...
-
I just finished the wonderful book my blogger friend Carol sent me . It is great! You have to get one. Getting Off The Niceness Treadmill is...
-
http://act.alz.org/site/TR/Walk2014/AR-Arkansas?pg=team&fr_id=4921&team_id=207982 Guess what time of year it is! Alzheimer's W...
-
Hi All My Blogger Friends. It has been awhile since my last post. Just got back from this years Alzheimer's Walk. Another great one. ...
Blogs and sites I like to visit.
- Alz's Team
- Alzheimer's Association
- Alzheimer's info
- alzheimersinthehouse.blogspot.com
- astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
- carer,worker,mother ,wife
- Dealing With Alz's
- Dementia and Alzheimer's weekly
- diaryofacarer.blogspot.com
- Donna's Den
- God,mom,Alzheimers and me
- Had A Dad
- http://50somethinginfo.blogspot.com/
- http://agingcare.com
- http://alzheimersadvocacy.com/
- http://amountaintoohigh.com
- http://backdoorlogic.blogspot.com
- http://caring.com/
- http://citygirltalks.blogspot.com/
- http://conniesclassicclips.blogspot.com
- http://freebies4mom.blogspot.com
- http://kimshappyhome.blogspot.com
- http://lifeisgood-smile.blogspot.com/
- http://livebold-helen.blogspot.com
- http://mandatorybloghere9.blogspot.com/
- http://movingforwardwithalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://ourjourneythroughalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://plantcityladyandfriends.blogspot.com/
- http://sherizeee.blogspot.com/
- http://shop4freebies.com
- http://stapjeterug.blogspot.com/
- http://suzysbloomers.blogspot.com/
- http://themomandmejournalsdotnet.net/2009/11/over-last-two-weeks.html
- http://www.alz.org/news_and_events_16202.asp
- http://www.angelfoodministries.com
- Living with Alzheimer's
- My Life As A Daughter
- That Old House
- the trip over
- www.ecarediary.com

Thinking of you Karen. I will see my father tomorrow...and love it and dread it at the same time.
ReplyDeleteLove to you~Rebecca
Every time I read an entry I am struck dumb by the amount of care you must be giving your mother and the time you have to give in order to do it well. i have said it before you are an angel. I am so glad you can find happiness in the smallest things like birds chirping. You humble us all
ReplyDeleteKaren, you are amazing.
ReplyDeleteBut, you probably DO need more sleep!
All best wishes, Cass
Your mom is sure lucky to have such a loving caring daughter.
ReplyDelete6 am? Call me. I am up.
ReplyDeleteYou're so right about checking out different areas of good ole Wal Mart for the price differences; I've noticed that too.
ReplyDeleteI ditto what everyone else has said.....You are an amazing daughter!
Dosen't your hospice supply wipes and some barier cream for your mom? they do here.. Hope your having a good week.
ReplyDeleteThanks guys I'm no angel but thanks. And the hospice does give me barier cream than I finish up with lots of cheap vasoline. Just seems like a the more the better. I love to over do. :)
ReplyDelete