There are 5.4 million people who have Alzheimer's. It cost 183 billion dollars in annual costs. Alz's is the 6th leading cause of death.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. Concentrate on this sentence... 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
WE LOVE HIM BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED US
1 John 4: 9-10

Mom and Dad Happy Times.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Big Mouth!!!

Today is Wed. no Aid or Nurse today. So I thought. That is what I get for only being nice when we have company. The real me is crazy and sometimes down right mean.

I was in the shower and my son was getting ready to leave for class. Well the water got ice cold . I yelled you better of had to use the bathroom really bad. I am going to kick your " I should of said butt " but said the other word. I really was kidding. He hates using my moms bathroom because you have to go though her bedroom but I just thought he had to really bad and flushed the toilet. I really was yelling just to be silly. Than I heard a knock on the bathroom door. I stuck my head out of the shower and said what. He said "mom the aid is here" . I said ok. What else is there to say.

9 comments:

  1. I can so relate to this. All of us have our moments of being mean./ It's just in us. Thankfully mine only comes out when I'm really, really frustrated and scared.

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen - Good to hear from you today! That is really a funny story about the flush! I guess the aide has heard much worse. I hope all is going well with you and your mom. I need to read back a bit because I've not read your blog for a couple of weeks.

    It's great you lost 40 pounds. I hope to be able to say that soon! And I think it's pretty tacky that the person asked your sister if she wanted a diet soda. A doctor did that to me once and it really hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet the aid has heard a lot worse! I really don't use bad words too often, especially since I grew up in a really strict Southern Baptist home. We were never allowed to say even "butt"! The other night, my hubby, oldest daughter & I were having dinner at my sister's house. I was telling of something that really had me mad. I said something like, "it really pissed me off". There was a gasp heard from all corners of the room. I apologized & started to substitute with another word. I stopped & said, "no, pissed is really what I was! Ticked just doesn't do it justice". Sometimes we need to just be exact!
    Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup need to be exact need to get it out in whatever form it takes! I have spent the last 4 or is it 5, mornings with mom whining and rocking back and forth and sideways trying to get out of her chair. My stress meter was seriousl going off the chart. Husband asked me this afternoon as I was putting her down for her nap, about how I feel about this at times...I was pretty cold hearted blunt...really can't repeat it here! I said this is why I have walked out of the room, I am so stressed right now, and that affects my energy and strength which I need to get her back into bed. It is just one of those weeks that is taking a tole on me with mom. Keeping it real folks, tomorrow will be a better day....I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I left a comment and then forgot you have word something... so
    I am giggling , everyone has done that at some time. Even the aid I am willing to bet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A funny family story, it sounds like your son got the last laugh, as the kids always do, he really set you up, but and at the same time probably saved you from more silly embarrassment, as only kids can do.
    Keep the faith, you are a good person.
    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  7. The aide probably appreciated her laugh for the day....
    Cold showers are not fun....
    Cute story...
    Hugs,
    Dolores

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys. I hope all is good with all of you .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and I love reading your comments. Please come back soon. Karen

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

Seven Stages of Alzheimer's

1. No sign of congnitive impairment. 2. Very mild congnitive decline. 3. Mild congnitive decline. 4. Moderate congnitive decline. 5. Moderately severe congnitive decline. 6. Severe congnitive decline. 7. Very severe congnitive decline. (Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)

Popular Posts