Saturday, May 4, 2013
We are having crazy weather in Arkansas as always. First of the week my son and I were at the Arkansas Razorback Baseball Game and many people were in shorts trying to get a tan in the nice weather. Than Friday morning we wake up to snow. Very pretty but I am ready for some warm weather to stick around for awhile.
My son is getting Married May 25th. And he is on week 3 at his new job as a civil Engineer after grad. from The UofA in Dec. I am so proud.
I am going to post 10 more of the 101 ways to spend time with a person with Alzheimer's from the list I got at the 2012 Alzheimer's Walk. By the time I get done with these it will be time for the 2013
walk again. Here they are. Hope these help a bit.
32. Make a Pie. I say make cookies , cake and anything fatten or Choc. That aways makes me happy.
33. Play with tops and jacks
34. Make a Scrapbook
35. Take a walk around the yard
36. Write a poem together. My sis started writing things mom said down . Memories that she would talk about . I think writing these down are a good idea.
37. Reminisce about the first day of school
38. String Cheerios to hang outside for the birds. This is kind of cool I like this one.
39. Make a fresh fruit salad.
40. Sweep the patio. LOL!!!
41. Color paper Shamrocks green. Some of these are kind of silly. They could just say color in a coloring book or something like that.
Have a great day Everyone. Just Pray!!!
Seven Stages of Alzheimer's
1. No sign of congnitive impairment. 2. Very mild congnitive decline. 3. Mild congnitive decline. 4. Moderate congnitive decline. 5. Moderately severe congnitive decline. 6. Severe congnitive decline. 7. Very severe congnitive decline. (Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)
Hi, Everyone. Tomorrow it will be one year since Mom passed. It has been a busy year. New friends , New Job and New Adventure's. Some g...
I looked online to see if there was a post Caregiver Stress Syndrome and I found this Caregiver Stress Syndrome. I did not find a label for ...
Hi, How is everyone? It has been way over a year since I started posting these so I am going to finish today. They are from www.alz.org/liv...
Alzheimer's Association Another new fact: In 2012, 15.4 million family & friends provided 17.5 billion hours of unpaid care. ...
Hello everyone . I finally have my internet back. It has been a busy few months. Got a job, quit it , got a new job , broke up with my boyfr...
Today is a much better day. Thanksgiving went great . My future daughter- in- law and her family are wonderful. She is a great cook and did ...
Plant City Lady and Friends: Precious Last Days My friend Carol's Husband lost his fight with Alzheimer's this week. She is...
http://act.alz.org/site/TR/Walk2014/AR-Arkansas?pg=team&fr_id=4921&team_id=207982 Guess what time of year it is! Alzheimer's W...
Hi Everyone, It's that time of year again. The Alzheimer's Walk is Sept 12th. I can't believe it is almost here again. I have t...
Carol from Plant City Lady And Friends is a wonderful blogger friend . She interviewed me for her blog . Check it out . Thank you Carol . ...
- ► 2012 (9)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2010 (61)
Blogs and sites I like to visit.
- Alz's Team
- Alzheimer's Association
- Alzheimer's info
- carer,worker,mother ,wife
- Dealing With Alz's
- Dementia and Alzheimer's weekly
- Donna's Den
- God,mom,Alzheimers and me
- Had A Dad
- Living with Alzheimer's
- My Life As A Daughter
- That Old House
- the trip over