Saturday, May 4, 2013
We are having crazy weather in Arkansas as always. First of the week my son and I were at the Arkansas Razorback Baseball Game and many people were in shorts trying to get a tan in the nice weather. Than Friday morning we wake up to snow. Very pretty but I am ready for some warm weather to stick around for awhile.
My son is getting Married May 25th. And he is on week 3 at his new job as a civil Engineer after grad. from The UofA in Dec. I am so proud.
I am going to post 10 more of the 101 ways to spend time with a person with Alzheimer's from the list I got at the 2012 Alzheimer's Walk. By the time I get done with these it will be time for the 2013
walk again. Here they are. Hope these help a bit.
32. Make a Pie. I say make cookies , cake and anything fatten or Choc. That aways makes me happy.
33. Play with tops and jacks
34. Make a Scrapbook
35. Take a walk around the yard
36. Write a poem together. My sis started writing things mom said down . Memories that she would talk about . I think writing these down are a good idea.
37. Reminisce about the first day of school
38. String Cheerios to hang outside for the birds. This is kind of cool I like this one.
39. Make a fresh fruit salad.
40. Sweep the patio. LOL!!!
41. Color paper Shamrocks green. Some of these are kind of silly. They could just say color in a coloring book or something like that.
Have a great day Everyone. Just Pray!!!
Seven Stages of Alzheimer's
1. No sign of congnitive impairment. 2. Very mild congnitive decline. 3. Mild congnitive decline. 4. Moderate congnitive decline. 5. Moderately severe congnitive decline. 6. Severe congnitive decline. 7. Very severe congnitive decline. (Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)
I looked online to see if there was a post Caregiver Stress Syndrome and I found this Caregiver Stress Syndrome. I did not find a label for ...
In 2008 over 800 people died of Alzheimer's in Arkansas. In 2009 there were 33,723 people in nursing homes with some kind of Cognitiv...
http://act.alz.org/site/TR/Walk2014/AR-Arkansas?pg=team&fr_id=4921&team_id=207982 Guess what time of year it is! Alzheimer's W...
Plant City Lady and Friends: Precious Last Days My friend Carol's Husband lost his fight with Alzheimer's this week. She is...
Leslie at "Something Brilliant is Brewing" gave me the Honest Scrap Award. Thank you so much!! I am so proud . Go check her blog o...
Carol from Plant City Lady And Friends is a wonderful blogger friend . She interviewed me for her blog . Check it out . Thank you Carol . ...
Hi everyone. How are you all? Hope all is well with you and your love ones. We are having crazy weather in Arkansas as always. First ...
Hi Everyone, It's that time of year again. The Alzheimer's Walk is Sept 12th. I can't believe it is almost here again. I have t...
2010 does sound good. One of my blogger friends says she likes the sound of 2010. I do too. New Years Eve was good. My son got home safe and...
I have ran out of things to write about. In my earlier post my mind was full of things to share. But now everything is at a stand still. We ...
- ► 2012 (9)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2010 (61)
Blogs and sites I like to visit.
- Alz's Team
- Alzheimer's Association
- Alzheimer's info
- carer,worker,mother ,wife
- Dealing With Alz's
- Dementia and Alzheimer's weekly
- Donna's Den
- God,mom,Alzheimers and me
- Had A Dad
- Living with Alzheimer's
- My Life As A Daughter
- That Old House
- the trip over