Saturday, May 4, 2013
We are having crazy weather in Arkansas as always. First of the week my son and I were at the Arkansas Razorback Baseball Game and many people were in shorts trying to get a tan in the nice weather. Than Friday morning we wake up to snow. Very pretty but I am ready for some warm weather to stick around for awhile.
My son is getting Married May 25th. And he is on week 3 at his new job as a civil Engineer after grad. from The UofA in Dec. I am so proud.
I am going to post 10 more of the 101 ways to spend time with a person with Alzheimer's from the list I got at the 2012 Alzheimer's Walk. By the time I get done with these it will be time for the 2013
walk again. Here they are. Hope these help a bit.
32. Make a Pie. I say make cookies , cake and anything fatten or Choc. That aways makes me happy.
33. Play with tops and jacks
34. Make a Scrapbook
35. Take a walk around the yard
36. Write a poem together. My sis started writing things mom said down . Memories that she would talk about . I think writing these down are a good idea.
37. Reminisce about the first day of school
38. String Cheerios to hang outside for the birds. This is kind of cool I like this one.
39. Make a fresh fruit salad.
40. Sweep the patio. LOL!!!
41. Color paper Shamrocks green. Some of these are kind of silly. They could just say color in a coloring book or something like that.
Have a great day Everyone. Just Pray!!!
Seven Stages of Alzheimer's
1. No sign of congnitive impairment. 2. Very mild congnitive decline. 3. Mild congnitive decline. 4. Moderate congnitive decline. 5. Moderately severe congnitive decline. 6. Severe congnitive decline. 7. Very severe congnitive decline. (Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)
My son and his girlfriend made the best Coconut Cream Pie the other day. When she started to go home I ask if she wanted some but she no. W...
Good Morning All. It has been a busy few weeks. I actually got some work done around the house. And I did paint mom's room so I could m...
Here is a wonderful prayer shared with us by Just A Mom. Click on it a few times to make it bigger. Thanks Jaye.
Hi all my blogger friends, Hope you are having a Happy Halloween. I have had 5 trick or treaters so far. I think I had 6 last yr. Here ...
Mom has here first skin tear. I looked in the dictionary to spell Tear. It says a fluid secreted by the eye .Well that is the wrong word but...
I am so glad it is Friday. And it is Blog Action Day and I forgot till a nice reader of my blog reminded me . This years topic is Clean Wate...
Today is Wed. no Aid or Nurse today. So I thought. That is what I get for only being nice when we have company. The real me is crazy and som...
Did I tell you all about my Good fortune at the Goodwill Store and The Good Samaritan Store. Well it was all Good. :) About once or twice ...
In some cases, Alzheimer's disease may in fact be the result of an infection, and may even be transmissible, a new study in mice suggest...
Feeding Tubes Pros and Cons in Elderly Elderly people with critical health are often put on tube feeding. Digestive health begins to dimin...
- December (1)
- November (3)
- October (5)
- September (4)
- August (3)
- June (5)
- May (7)
- April (6)
- March (8)
- February (5)
- January (8)
- December (6)
- November (5)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (2)
- July (3)
- June (4)
- May (5)
- April (5)
- March (4)
- February (8)
- January (11)
Blogs and sites I like to visit.
- Alz's Team
- Alzheimer's Association
- Alzheimer's info
- carer,worker,mother ,wife
- Dealing With Alz's
- Dementia and Alzheimer's weekly
- Donna's Den
- God,mom,Alzheimers and me
- Had A Dad
- Living with Alzheimer's
- My Life As A Daughter
- That Old House
- the trip over