Thursday, July 15, 2010
You Dirty Dog
Mom has been very alert this week. She even told the aid she had missed her while she was on vacation. Mom's aid took a week off and when she came back she told mom I'm back and mom said I missed you. That made her aid very happy. Mom's nurse thinks she said her name. But we are not sure on that. But yesterday my son came home from eating out with his girl and I ask him were they went and he said Red Lobster. Well, I said "You are a dirty dog" and mom said NO you are. Wonderful. I love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.
Seven Stages of Alzheimer's
1. No sign of congnitive impairment.
2. Very mild congnitive decline.
3. Mild congnitive decline.
4. Moderate congnitive decline.
5. Moderately severe congnitive decline.
6. Severe congnitive decline.
7. Very severe congnitive decline.
(Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)
Popular Posts
-
I want to think all my blog friends for there nice comments on my silly post. Don't know why I posted my last post but it was something ...
-
If you remember from an old post we were trying to sell moms van with an wheelchair lift. We did it. It sold this week. Now hope we don'...
-
Good Morning Bloggers, I have been thinking about this post for years. Now it is here and not sure what I want to write. Mom is in Hospice ...
-
I wonder why my mom has to live like this? Not really living just existing. Last night my best friends dad died.He was a wonderful man and h...
-
I have ran out of things to write about. In my earlier post my mind was full of things to share. But now everything is at a stand still. We ...
-
As long as I can remember mom always had a curly perm. Than when in the early stages of Alz's. she started refusing to even get it cut....
-
I am so glad it is Friday. And it is Blog Action Day and I forgot till a nice reader of my blog reminded me . This years topic is Clean Wate...
-
Just when I thought I had enough to worry about my son goes and buys himself a motorcycle. Great. This has been a busy week. My dishwasher i...
-
Here is a wonderful prayer shared with us by Just A Mom. Click on it a few times to make it bigger. Thanks Jaye.
-
My very good blogger and facebook friend Donna lost her mother recently. Donna was the full time caregiver of her mom as I am of mine. I loo...
Blogs and sites I like to visit.
- Alz's Team
- Alzheimer's Association
- Alzheimer's info
- alzheimersinthehouse.blogspot.com
- astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
- carer,worker,mother ,wife
- Dealing With Alz's
- Dementia and Alzheimer's weekly
- diaryofacarer.blogspot.com
- Donna's Den
- God,mom,Alzheimers and me
- Had A Dad
- http://50somethinginfo.blogspot.com/
- http://agingcare.com
- http://alzheimersadvocacy.com/
- http://amountaintoohigh.com
- http://backdoorlogic.blogspot.com
- http://caring.com/
- http://citygirltalks.blogspot.com/
- http://conniesclassicclips.blogspot.com
- http://freebies4mom.blogspot.com
- http://kimshappyhome.blogspot.com
- http://lifeisgood-smile.blogspot.com/
- http://livebold-helen.blogspot.com
- http://mandatorybloghere9.blogspot.com/
- http://movingforwardwithalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://ourjourneythroughalzheimers.blogspot.com
- http://plantcityladyandfriends.blogspot.com/
- http://sherizeee.blogspot.com/
- http://shop4freebies.com
- http://stapjeterug.blogspot.com/
- http://suzysbloomers.blogspot.com/
- http://themomandmejournalsdotnet.net/2009/11/over-last-two-weeks.html
- http://www.alz.org/news_and_events_16202.asp
- http://www.angelfoodministries.com
- Living with Alzheimer's
- My Life As A Daughter
- That Old House
- the trip over
- www.ecarediary.com

Priceless! Glad she is having an alert week. Unpredictable, to say the least.
ReplyDeleteBeckie
You mean she meant "Karen, you are a dirty little dog"?
ReplyDeleteYep, it would have been nice if they had brought back Red Lobster food for you. When say "you dirty little dog", it was funny your mom said that back. I guess when they are at loss for words, any words will do!
Priceless for sure and yes I would of loved red lobster leftovers or take out and I am a dirty little dog forsure. :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that your mom is having a good week. :-)
ReplyDeleteOh Karen, it's wonderful that your mom is having a good day. The bad days sure make us appreciate the good days.... and every little happiness is so great!!!
ReplyDeleteRed Lobster sounds so good!!!!
HAHAHA ya gotta love when they say things like that. They can pop in so sturdy at times, THOSE are the times I wish family members were there to see it. I make sure I share, you don't have to miss them. Have a great weekend. Hope your writing those things down someplace,, OH WAIT YOU ARE HUH hahhaaa
ReplyDeleteAren't those little snippets of recollection so priceless?
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely priceless.
ReplyDeleteI live for those moments with my father.
Love to you~
Rebecca
Well just might have to meet up with ya sometime. Although I do have a "friend" but nothing TOTAL PERMENATE EVER!!!!!! Hope your havign a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteAwww that is so wonderful mooments like that make it all worth it
ReplyDelete