Saturday, September 22, 2012
I got a list of 101 ways to spend time with a person with Alzheimer's today at the walk so thought I would post a few every now and than. They are great ideas.
First I want to tell you all who are still caring for your love one to keep the faith people you will get through this. Keep Praying. Never go a day without it. Trust me without the Lord mom and I would not of made it down this long rocky rode. Next is family and friends. I thank the Lord everyday for my friends and family.
1. Listen to music
2.Toss a ball
4. Make homemade lemonade
5. Count trading cards
6. Clip coupons
7. Sort poker chips
8. Read out loud chapters from your favorite book or stories
9. Rake leaves
10. String beads.
Here is a few more to come later.
Seven Stages of Alzheimer's
1. No sign of congnitive impairment. 2. Very mild congnitive decline. 3. Mild congnitive decline. 4. Moderate congnitive decline. 5. Moderately severe congnitive decline. 6. Severe congnitive decline. 7. Very severe congnitive decline. (Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)
Hi Everyone, It's that time of year again. The Alzheimer's Walk is Sept 12th. I can't believe it is almost here again. I have t...
Mom's skin is pretty dry. We put lotion on it everyday. But it is dry and flaky. Today Agingcare.com had a story on skin . It said to...
Good Morning All. It has been a busy few weeks. I actually got some work done around the house. And I did paint mom's room so I could m...
Hi, How is everyone? It has been way over a year since I started posting these so I am going to finish today. They are from www.alz.org/liv...
I looked online to see if there was a post Caregiver Stress Syndrome and I found this Caregiver Stress Syndrome. I did not find a label for ...
I found this online . What do you all think? I might buy some and see if I like it. Couldn't hurt. Mom is to far gone I think for it to ...
I found out that my mom likes mystery meat. I like hamburger helper myself but its not a mystery. I am talking about the stuff potted meat, ...
Here is a wonderful prayer shared with us by Just A Mom. Click on it a few times to make it bigger. Thanks Jaye.
- ▼ 2012 (9)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2010 (61)
Blogs and sites I like to visit.
- Alz's Team
- Alzheimer's Association
- Alzheimer's info
- carer,worker,mother ,wife
- Dealing With Alz's
- Dementia and Alzheimer's weekly
- Donna's Den
- God,mom,Alzheimers and me
- Had A Dad
- Living with Alzheimer's
- My Life As A Daughter
- That Old House
- the trip over