In 2008 over 800 people died of Alzheimer's in Arkansas. In 2009 there were 33,723 people in nursing homes with some kind of Cognitive Impairment in Arkansas. And this is not just a sign of old age this is a disease. Here are the Quick facts around the Nation.
- 5.4 million Americans are living with Alzheimer's disease.
- One in eight older Americans has Alzheimer's disease.
- Alzheimer's disease is the sixth-leading cause of death in the United States and the only cause of death among the top 10 in the United States that cannot be prevented, cured or even slowed.
- More than 15 million Americans provide unpaid care valued at $210 billion for persons with Alzheimer's and other dementia's.
- Payments for care are estimated to be $200 billion in the United States in 2012
Just click on the picture of Team Hudson on the left and go to my walker page. Thanks again. Karen