There are 5.4 million people who have Alzheimer's. It cost 183 billion dollars in annual costs. Alz's is the 6th leading cause of death.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. Concentrate on this sentence... 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
WE LOVE HIM BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED US
1 John 4: 9-10

Mom and Dad Happy Times.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Percolator


What do you call it? Percolator, coffeepot or coffeemaker.
Last night my son's girlfriend was looking at an old cookbook that her grandma had gave her and it had the recipe to make coffee in a percolator . She said what is a percolator. So I went and got one of mom's coffeepots. "That's what  I call them" and perked her some coffee. She says I have never seen anything like that before in my life. Boy now I know how old I am.
I made coffee for breakfast too. I usually have a cherry Dr Pepper for breakfast but for a change I perked coffee. It was pretty good. I also made blueberry pancakes that tasted really good. I can smash them up and mom can eat them. She finished off her plate. It is raining again and chilly out so coffee and pancakes hit the spot.
Mom has a new hospice Chaplin  going to come visit soon. The old one has a different route now. I might tell him he does not have to come since mom's pastor is coming to visit too. We will see how I feel when the new one calls to make an appointment. I guess you can never get to much help. And having someone to pray with is nice.
Mom told me she was going to kill me the  other day when I was moving her around. It is not the first time nor will it be the last . She also said today after I took her water away . Come Back Here!!!! Those are very good sentences. And if she makes good sentences I am happy. Even if one of them is not so nice.
Happy May to All.

6 comments:

  1. Are you serious about drinking Dr Pepper for breakfast? I drink loads of coffee (with milk) during the day, but the first one at breakfast tastes the best! Isn't it curious that your mother is able to speak very good sentences .... But it would be so much nicer for you if she would say something nice ... Here it's almost time to go to bed, we had a sunny Sunday. Wish you a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so addicted to Cherry Dr Pepper. I have to make myself not drink it all day. It is funny when mom says stuff . It is so far and in between.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so calm when your mom says she is going to kill you and also you are positive! She made a sentence, you told us!

    Hugs and prayers,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will not beleive what she just said to me. I started crying like a baby. A few Months ago I drawed butterflys on her ceiling because when she is on her back she stares at the ceiling well tonight while I was getting her ready for bed and she was on her back she said pretty isn't it. I think she was talking about my butterflies so I hugged her and was crying than she said Your a Nut. LOL!!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember percolators. My mom had one.
    I'm one of the few people who doesn't like coffee. I do like the smell though. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so sweet and uplifting when your mom responds to you in whatever way... she thinks of....

    When I was growing up, my mother always had a percolator brewing coffee all day long...neighbors would come during the day and enjoy a cup of black coffee. (not my favorite)

    I'm imagining you making drawing butterflies on your mom's ceiling.... Karen ... you're the best daughter/person!!!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and I love reading your comments. Please come back soon. Karen

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

Seven Stages of Alzheimer's

1. No sign of congnitive impairment. 2. Very mild congnitive decline. 3. Mild congnitive decline. 4. Moderate congnitive decline. 5. Moderately severe congnitive decline. 6. Severe congnitive decline. 7. Very severe congnitive decline. (Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)

Popular Posts