There are 5.4 million people who have Alzheimer's. It cost 183 billion dollars in annual costs. Alz's is the 6th leading cause of death.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. Concentrate on this sentence... 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
WE LOVE HIM BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED US
1 John 4: 9-10

Mom and Dad Happy Times.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Dad's Day


I hope all the dad's had a wonderful Dad's day. I have been trying to get to my dad's grave all week to visit and put new flowers but have not gotten away. I also have been trying to think of something to write a post about. Alzheimer's or mom  and could not think of anything. Than I read Had a Dad's post today and she made me think of something to write. She is a great writer .
I think I might of wrote about this before but I forget . But Dad died when I was 4 months pregnant . My son turned 21 in April so that is how I keep track of how long it has been since dad died. That kind of sucks but it's what it is. He died in a farming accident. I was at work and a nurse from the hospital called to tell me he had been in a accident and died and my mom had told her to call me . Ok have you ever gotten news like that and was able to function. It is hard. I told one of my co-workers what had happened and just left . All the way home I was praying that is was not true or a mistake. Anyway he died fast and was gone in a instant. Mom is dieing slow . She has been dying for so long. We just wake up every morning wondering if today she will turn worse. The nurse says it can happen at any time. And it has a couple of times. But she comes out of it. I am so Thankful when she is back to her normal than I start the waiting game again.  Why can't things just be perfect all the time. Perfect birth , life and death. Things don't always work out Perfect. But we seem to always make it through. I am going to get through this. And I do Thank the Lord everyday for my Son . He came at the worse time of my life and has been the best thing that has every happened to me. Hopefully I will get out today. I have not been out since last Sunday not this Sunday last Sunday. Except to the store for a few minutes so that may be why I'm in a crazy mood. I really need to get out of here. It really has been the longest day . Have a great first day of summer.

6 comments:

  1. Oh how hard that must have been to hear about your dad. I am so sorry. My dad died in 1999 at home with me after a 5 month illness.
    You are an inspiration in how you take care of your mom every day. I really mean that.
    May God continue to give you the strength that you must need every day. I pray for you each morning.
    So glad that you have your son and he is so good to you. He has learned that from you in how you treat your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karen, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. That must have been such a shock.
    I hope you are able to get out soon. I'm sure a little time to yourself would be good about now. I will say again that you are a wonderful daughter and mom too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Karen, this must have been so hard for you, but even more so because you were pregnant.

    You are blessed to have your wonderful son. I keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I know this has been such a long and hard journey for you taking care of your mother, but you should feel so proud of yourself for your faithfulness to her.

    You NEED to get away for several hours! You've been stuck inside too long.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Karen,

    Hearing that about your father over the phone and pregnant also, how difficult that had to be for you. I believe God gives us the strength we need at times like that. I do hope you can get out for a bit. You need that. I am thinking of you and praying for you and your mother. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Karen, I'm sad to hear about how you heard about your dad's death ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. My experience is the same as yours. My dad died very quickly and my mom died very slowly. Neither way is good or easier. Also like you, my son has come into my life and given me something positive and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and I love reading your comments. Please come back soon. Karen

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

The Early, Mild to Moderate and Advanced stages of Alzheimer's in the brain.

Seven Stages of Alzheimer's

1. No sign of congnitive impairment. 2. Very mild congnitive decline. 3. Mild congnitive decline. 4. Moderate congnitive decline. 5. Moderately severe congnitive decline. 6. Severe congnitive decline. 7. Very severe congnitive decline. (Congnitive pertains to the mental process of perception, memory, judgement, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes.)

Popular Posts